Can I have a "sitting room"?


I used to think it was just crazy to have a huge master bedroom (sorry to those out there that do! :)). I just couldn't see how you could really spend enough time in your bedroom to make it worth wasting all that extra space (of course, in our 1300 sq. foot rental, space is very precious:)so it really might be a tinge of jealousy!). Well, the last few days I have felt like having a bigger master bedroom, with a sitting area and a nice comfy chair, just might not be such a bad idea. My sitting area would have to be renamed the discipline and instruction corner and the chair would be so that my rump did not get so sore sitting on the floor for much of the day!:)

Discipline and correction often feels like the ocean tide to me....it comes and goes. Instruction is always a must...but it seems like we have days, even a full week, where there only small amounts of discipline and correction seem to be needed. Then there are other weeks (like this week) where I feel that is just about all I do and I can start to feel pretty discouraged. Lord...are they ever going to get it? Lord, am I not teaching them clearly? Lord, am I not shepherding their hearts the way I should? It seems in those times as though they have forgotten everything they have been taught! Not to mention that, in those trying "trials" of that moment, my OWN heart can be so quick to sin, quick to anger, quick to forget that it is all about glorifying God and not about my own comfort, ease or desires or the fact that I am starting to get irritated!

So, there have also been times this week of asking for forgiveness from my kids for speaking harshly ( I know, I know...a harsh word stirs up anger!!!) or for acting in frustration instead of love. As Paul said, "Wretched man that I am...Who will save me?"

It would seem from what I am sharing that it has been a pretty miserable week...but, that is the beauty of hoping in God...He never disappoints. And not only does He not disappoint but 2 Corinthians 2:14 says:

"But thanks be to God, Who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of Him everywhere."

He actually promises that we will be triumphant through Him...and that, in spite of us, God still uses us to spread the beautiful, fragrant truth of His gospel everywhere...even as we sit on the floor with our child wondering if he or she is ever going to get it! Is that encouraging or what?!!!

We have the precious job and privilege of being an "ambassador for Christ, God making His appeal through us" to our kids and we, like Paul, must "implore (them) on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God" (2 Corinthians 5:20)

As for the picture at the top of the post...it was an unusual treat that just sounded too yummy to pass up since I passed the coffee shop on the way back from the library. A frappucino and the faithfulness of Jesus in the midst of trials...does it get better than that?:) Oh, and the book....it's about the Duggar Family. They have 18 kids and another on the way (all bio) and I figured it was time to spy on my competition...tee-hee! Okay, so I know that there will never be 18 kids in our family (if you get rid of the one...that is sounding more like something I am already praying for!) but I heard that has some great advice and wisdom in all things organizational and planning related, so I am all ears!

And speaking of advice and planning...you should plan a trip out to Rite Aid! :) My girlfriend told me of a deal that they are having on J&J baby wash, shampoo and lotion (and I found a deal for adult shampoo too!). Anyway, I got all this:for $20 dollars once I get my rebate check. 10 bottles of J&J products (yep, we still use them in the Pichura home)and 10 bottles of V05 shampoo's and condtioners...all for $20 dollars! And, I guess there is actually a coupon somewhere on the internet that, if you use in conjunction with the Rite Aid deal, you end up getting the J&J products for free! I couldn't find it though and still thought I was getting a deal!
Happy shopping...hope it lasts you longer than it will last us!:)

Comments

I have that book:0) About disciplining, I was just preaching to myself today about not responding with a heart of, "Why don't you get it??? We just talked about that??"
Ex 34:6
The Lord passed before him and proclaimed, “The Lord, the Lord, a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness,.
Matt5verse6 said…
I love J&J Baby lotion too! Hey have you seen this lady's website? She has 13 children...(10 bio and 3 adopted from Ghana). http://imghanaadopt.blogspot.com/