Childish Joys


J.C. Ryle says under "Directive 2":

"Train up your child with all tenderness, affection, and patience. I do not mean that you are to spoil him, but I do mean that you should let him see that you love him. Love should be the silver thread that runs through all your conduct. Kindness, gentleness, long-suffering, forbearance, patience, sympathy, a willingness to enter into childish troubles, a readiness to take part in childish joys -- these are the cords by which a child may be led most easily -- these are the clues you must follow if you would find the way to his heart."

Just thought you would enjoy (and get a good laugh!) a glimps into the "childish joys" of a daughter (Grace) who is determined to have "babies" in our house one way or another!:)

P.S. That picture was taken last night...and today, as soon as school was over, she had them all dressed up again and was playing "mommy". When the boys were crawling (yes, crawling) around the house I teasingly told Grace that she was crazy! Her reply was precious..."No, I am actually having fun. This is what I want my life to be when I grow up." :)

Comments

Kimiko said…
Oh, Kristin! That picture is too funny! It reminds me of a picture, which I've heard about and am still waiting to see, of you and your brothers... :P
That is so funny... I can't believe her brothers are willing participants! Bet Daddy loves that picture! ;) What a sweet heart Grace has!
Chrissy said…
I love there faces!!! Caleb looks a little uncomfortable and Titus has a smile ear to ear....Too cute!!! I have a baby here that Grace can help me dress...feed and take care of....I am thinking I might not even have to ask =)
Love you Guys
For His Glory said…
too precious! I hav eto say Titus's legs look just like Bryan's in the pics when he had his knee fixed (like father like son-ha ha)
Anonymous said…
That is so sweet that they played along with her!

Kira asks me for a baby all the time. Boy, would that be funny! She will just have to be happy with a five year old little brother. :-)
Tyffany said…
Wow! That picture will be worth a million in about 10 years!
Unknown said…
Oh, how I too have been considering those precious words of JC Ryle lately. Thank you so much for sharing that great resource with me.
Leslee
ps. I just had to edit my "water" post to mention the prompt using of the "rain boots" as buckets!!!
so much for dry feet!