Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho it's On a Hike We Go!



Today we went to Boulder Cave with some friends from church. It was a beautiful day, the drive was wonderful and God's handiwork kept us exclaiming praises as we looked out the window.

We took a great hike to the cave and then had the fun of turning on our flashlights so we could see as we walked. The kids were bummed that they didn't see any bats...but that was just fine with me! It was just so wonderful to be out HIKING!!!



On the trail was a sign that got me thinking:

Bear with me...but I couldn't help but think that lichen kind of reminds me of marriage. Two very different, individual people that come together under one name, sharing an intimate relationship that creates something remarkable and beautiful...a marriage that mirrors the ultimate marriage between Christ and His bride, the church. And just as the fungus surrounds the algae and absorbs all that comes at it from the world around, our husbands, too, are called by God to surround us...to protect us, to take care of us and to shield us from those things that we are not called or equipped to absorb. In the same manner, we are a bit like the algae. The algae supplies carbohydrates for the fungus...and we are called to be a source of energetic, encouraging support to our husbands...to encourage them to press on when they feel tired, to be a "pick me up" when they are feeling overwhelmed by all that they have to absorb as the leader of our home! All creation sings his praises and tells of his marvelous deeds and plan, doesn't it!!! :)

We ended with a picnic lunch at the coolest park along the river, with feet that were tired and with hearts that were happy enjoying but a glimpse of our great Creator!!!

Comments

Ruth said…
What awesome pictures Kristin...your family looks just like that...FAMILY :) I'm so glad you had a special day with your "fungus"
Tell your children that they are braver than me! I couldn't even get 5 steps into the cave and had to turn back...I don't like pitch blackness at all! Of course I never thought of taking a flashlight! Duh!
For His Glory said…
only my dear friend could come up with a Bible study lesson from "Fungus"...Love it :)..What a fun, beautiful day!! And the pics were precious!
Michelle P said…
So is Bryan's new nickname Fungus? ;)