Hiding God's Word in ALL of our Hearts!

It has been a sweet blessing to see Samuel and Caleb hide God's Word in their heart and to UNDERSTAND it as well! I will be honest, for some reason I was reluctant to have them memorize scripture yet thinking, "What is the point...they don't understand it?". Shame on me for forgetting the POWER of the Word of God and that it is living and active and will not return void...not even in two little children who barely understand the English language that it is being spoken in.

I have started simply but with verses that very much apply to everyday life as the boys know it. That way, as I discipline and instruct them, I can keep using the same verses over and over so that they continue to understand the meaning of them and not just memorize the words.

Last week we learned Proverbs 15:1, "A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.". It has been a verse that I have used over and over with ALL of my children as they have been struggling in the way that they speak to each other. I have seen Samuel soften...even in the midst of discipline as I encourage him with the Word of God.

This week we worked on 1 Corinthians 16:14, "Let all that you do be done in love." If that is not a verse that we ALL need to live by, than I don't know what is! :)

I thought it would be extra fun to SHOW you what I get to see every day at my kitchen table as we hide God's Word in our heart!:) Have a great weekend!

Comments

Kristin! What a blessing that video was! You are such a good mommy, and an inspiration to me!

Doesn't it blow you away with what these precious children can do already, only 7 weeks into being "home"?!

You'll have to share more vidoes of the verses you've been teaching them. So touching!
For His Glory said…
Love it! They must be blessing your hearts!
Unknown said…
I'm impressed. We've started with "I will never leave you" ~ Hebrews 13:5, and "God keeps all His promises" Psalm 145:13. It's hard enough to get mine to say "one-forty-five" ;) For the first week of Heb 13:5 they all thought that it meant that no one was allowed to say "go away" - I figured it didn't really matter, one day they would know and we all had a few good laughs. They were all so excited about school, friends and uniforms and since we homeschool each of those comes in very limited forms, if at all. We've decided to start them in AWANA to satisfy some of that. I'm so excited about God's word being some of their first English!
Awesome, Kristin!! Okay---so you've just given me my next two verses to work on with my girls! (...and like you, I'm realizing that Camryn---barely an English speaker herself!---is able to memorize as well. I am serious! I've just figured this out this weekend, so, she'll be joining in on Scripture memorizing/ hiding the Word in her heart with us now!)

thanks!!

And the video you posted was precious!! I just love the hand motions and expressions as well... It really "drives it home"!

You are a great encouragement to me. No doubt you spur many others on to love and good deeds as well!! Thanks for sharing...

Always an encouragement! :0)
The verses and now penned on my wall and the kids and I used them in our bible time this morning. And how sweet that Samuel and Caleb said the verse.
Jen L said…
Wow! That's awesome!
Matt5verse6 said…
D. loves the video. He said, "Ms. Kristin loves those boys so much she can just squeeze them tight." And something else about not letting go...but I can't remember the words exactly. :D