Just for giggles


I know that I keep saying I will blog about our trip but it seems like everyday is filled with new things and I just haven't had a chance to put our trip down in writing! So, it will come...but not tonight!:)

Today was full of shots....19 of them to be exact! The poor nurse who had to get them all ready was probably wishing she had called in sick today!:) Samuel and Caleb had to get their second set of immunizations (4 shots each) and then poor Titus had his 5 year old well check up and ended up with 5 shots of immunization as well. And, since we were already there, they all got the flu shot...and so they all got to sympathize with each other and the pain of shots. I gave out Tylenol at bedtime to all my stiff armed and stiff thighed kiddos! What a trip, poor things!

Here is where the giggles comes in. Before we went to the doctors we went over to our attorney's office to sign a paper as we prepare to, Lord willing, finalize our adoption of the boys in the U.S. this month. As we left, my dear, blonde-headed Grace says to me..."So, mom, now that it is going to be final, will their skin start changing colors and look like ours?" :)

I am so thankful to the Lord that in His magnificent plan He created "the family"...and I am so thankful for the one He has given me and the laughter that often accompanies life with them!

Comments

Anonymous said…
That is so funny. My girls have asked when their skin will change so that they will look like me. I read in a book that kids don't have a concrete idea of race and skin color when they are young. Isn't that great! I wish we could all be that way. :-)
For His Glory said…
How stinking funny! UGH! This week has been INSANE!! I too have not had a chance to blog our trip so don't feel bad...It ain't happening again tonight either (small group)...Love ya!
Ruth said…
Kristin,
Grace's comment brought back a memory of mine that I'm sure my Mom laughed as you did. But it is amazing how our "young" minds work.

I was probably a year or two older than Grace when Martin Luther King was assassinated. At church we had been learning about Martin Luther in Sunday School. So my little mind couldn't understand the "King" part when the news announced his death. So in my mind I had to figure this out and was quite proud of myself for doing so...

When I ran home from school that day to announce to my mom the very sad news...she actually giggled! I was shocked! Because,
why would someone laugh at the fact, that "the King of Africa had died!"

I love Grace and her little mind! :)
Oh!!--I just love how sweetly you worded it: "my dear, blonde-headed Grace says to me..."

That was too funny! I've gotta remember to share that one with Matt! :0)

How exciting that the adoption might soon be final here in the U.S.! Yay!!