The parties over! :)

My parents left this evening and I am again reminded of the blessing it is to be their daughter and the blessing it is for my kids to be able to call them Papa and Grandma! Their love for Jesus shines through in all that they do...and they are so wonderful at coming alongside of what Bryan and I are doing as we seek to raise our kids to the glory of God. My parents are such an encouragement...not only to Bryan and I ,but to our kids as well. If you were a fly on the wall while they were hear, you would have heard many a conversation between my parents and the kids or me and Bryan and the kids that was Godward in focus and heart centered in content. My heart overflows that we share the same love...the Lord Jesus Christ!!!

Samuel and Caleb just adore their grandparents...and I have to say they are a bit biased toward their Papa (sorry Grandma!). Maybe it has something to do with all the bike rides he took them on or the Wii games he played with them or the hours he spent in the road watching them bike and skateboard down the driveway!:) Dad, thanks for all you sacrificed this weekend to make precious memories with your grandkids! As Samuel was going to bed tonight he said, "Mom...maybe Grandma and Papa again...soon?!"


When my parents were up they also brought a special gift for the kids. Thank you, McElroys and Bannisters for the fantastic SIGNED!!! hats for all the kids. We are bummed that we did not get to see you in Seattle...but my children now not only root for Brian when he pitches...but they get to "sport" their support all over Yakima! They all love their hats!!!

Comments

Thanks for the "thank you's" but I received a blessing of joy just being with the kids. What I did with them in two days doesn't compare what you and Bryan give them in two hours. We will continue to pray you persevere in righteousness as you love them all to Jesus! Dad
crystal said…
I love all the pictures I actually love seeing the ones of your dad with them its so cute to me!! Papas are the best:)nothing like seeing your dad with your children:)love you
For His Glory said…
Sooo precious! Love the one of papa in the middle of the street :)