Thoughts from Bryan


My husband started a "writing book" (he affectionately refers to it simply as his moleskin :)) a few of years ago...mostly essay's and journal type writing and every once in a while he shares with me something he has been thinking about and the thoughts that he has put on paper and every time I find myself so blessed to get another peek into my husband's heart...to see where his thoughts take him...and to see His love and passion for Christ, His creation, His plan and His design come spilling out. Here are his most recent "thoughts" that I have been given permission to share with you!:)

As an adoptive Dad people often ask me questions like:“What does God think of Adoption?”;“Does God have a heart beat for Adoption?" etc... Here is one way in which I have answered this question:

When Jesus was born he could have been placed in any family situation and have been just as sinless. However, God ordained that His Son be raised in a home with a Dad who would be classified as an “adoptive dad”. Joseph was not Jesus’ biological
father and yet Joseph raised him as his own (Luke 2:4 + 48). Little is known about Joseph but one thing is certain – Joseph was not Jesus’ Father and yet God entrusted Jesus to be raised like a son in Joseph’s home. If God did not have a heartbeat for adoption God would not have placed His only Son into an earthly home to be raised by an adoptive Dad.

Some day in glory I would like to see the eulogy of Joseph. Most scholars believe he died before Jesus’ earthly ministry began so I have wondered what people thought about Joseph. A simple carpenter who married a woman that most believed was unfaithful and raised a son who did not belong to him. I can’t help but think that many concluded that Joseph wasted his life and that they might have seen adoption as more of a stigma to be avoided than a blessing.

As unique a role as Joseph played in Jesus’ life he walks off the pages of Scripture the way he walked onto them – in obscurity. God wanted it that way for reasons unknown, although worth speculating. Yet, having said all this, I nevertheless want to be like Joseph because he was a simple man, used by God, that opened his heart and home up to Jesus. Could anything be more glorious, blessed, or joyous?

Comments

For His Glory said…
oooh that was an interesting thought I had never pondered before...And yes, how beautiful was God's idea for His Son!
God used what you said to encourage my heart. Thank you