We are back!


This past week was precious...not necessarily restful...but then, with that many kids, we were not expecting restful!:) We were praying for relaxing,though, and we were praying for sweet fellowship and special memories and we praise the Lord for those answers to prayer and more!

We also were so thankful for the extra time that we had with our kids...watching them, listening to them and seeing a little more clearly their strengths and weaknesses, their sinful hearts and the grace of God in their lives. I am so thankful for Bryan's discernment and the insight he gave me as we had many a talk on how to shepherd the hearts of our kids (particularly Micah and Samuel) this week. I am around our kids a lot more each day and it was a real blessing to have Bryan's watchful eye on our kids this past week and to have him share what he observed with me. There has been a real "tug of war" with Micah and Samuel that seems to be a reoccurring theme in our home and, this week, by the grace of God, I think the rope may have been laid down and we have seen their hearts softening to one another. It's a war they will fight against all of their lives even though the faces may change...it's the battle of considering other's more important than themselves...it's a battle I still fight everyday...as I seek to have the attitude and mind of Christ. I am so thankful, though, that the Lord is allowing us to walk this road with them and encourage and instruct them with His truth and discipline and correct as necessary. I'll be honest though, too....it is EXHAUSTING to have to deal with the same thing over and over...to feel like you are having the same conversation over and over, wondering if it is ever going to truly get through and sink in! But it is also beautifully reassuring knowing that, as with everything else in life, God simply calls us to be faithful and the fruit is up to Him...the heart softening is a work of His grace...it cannot be manufactured by me or Bryan.

And, although we often end those conversations exhausted we also end them exactly where God wants us (Bryan and I) to be...at HIS feet, pleading for the souls of our kids, seeking His face and His wisdom...so very aware of our own sin and weaknesses and humbly recognizing our desperate need of HIS strength and power each and every moment. Our kids take us to the cross...the very place we need to be...and we are so thankful for that!

Okay...so that was a bit of a tangent! :) I really am looking forward to sharing more pictures and thoughts of our week with you...so, stay tuned! :)

"Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross." Philippians 2:3-8

Comments

crystal said…
aww Iam so happy you all had a great time together and that Bryan was able to see something in his little guys hearts that needed addressing!I love the picture of all the kiddies matching one another!
Anonymous said…
Good to see you are home and that you had a great time! Wasn't the weather amazing?

Great photos! :-)
what a blessing to read and see. It reminds me of how my own husband points out things in how I treat the kids when he is home. God has used it all for his good. And what a great reminder that God is the one who changes hearts. Holly keeps asking me if she thinks she is a believer...I just keep praying for her and tell her to keep praying for a changed heart and hating her sin and that God has to change her but I do encourage her when I see what the fruit of the spirit looks like. I pray contuely for wisdom on how to answer her and God continues to show his faithfulness along with me needing to know more.
Thank you for sharing about your special time together. God laid your family on my hearts several times to pray for you. Love you and I always look forward to getting, "Just the Clay" dose...it's like opening a present and it's the best kind...Because of your honesty and being raw before the Lord...God has used it to Glorify himself and encourage me even a couple days later.:0)
Love the pictures... can't wait to hear more about your trip! Don't you love those days where there are extra eyes and ears to help you sift through the many situations that come up?! Those are my favorite days! :)
Ruth said…
Welcome home! Thanks for your post...I missed it last week :(
I couldn't help of thinking about the Israelites and their constant disobedience...how patient God was with them...over and over! He must have been so exhausted with their constant sinning. I have to remind myself of this every time I get frustrated or impatient with my family, my self, and even christian friends, for forgetting to obey and constant sinning...Thank you God for your patience for I know how disappointed you must be with my self indulgence.
Thanks for your insight! Love you all!
Matt5verse6 said…
So glad you are back! Can't wait to hear all about it...from both you and Wendy. I hope you have a beautiful week in God's grace and an easy transition back into the routine and daily schedule. Much love. ♥
Heather Francis said…
Micah looks like a mini andrew thats crazy lol! Glad you guys had a good vacation
For His Glory said…
Wow who took that great family photo! She must be an awesome photographer!! Hee hee...I love the one of Caleb kissing mama's cheek!
Loved your post... What you share is always so encouraging to me. Thank you!!

And I've gotta say: BEAUTIFUL family pictures, Kristin!! (I REALLY loved the one of you and Bryan and all 6 little lambs in between you two on the beach!) :0)