Anybody thinking Christmas shopping yet?


Okay, okay, I know it is only October...but in case any of you are starting to think through Christmas gifts...I wanted to give you a link to a blogging buddies store. Her family is nearing the home stretch of their second adoption (they already adopted two sisters from India and they are adopting a little boy) but that does not necessarily mean that they are in the home stretch of what they need to raise!

Lori has been making jewelery and selling it online to help with their adoption and what could be better than taking care of some of your Christmas shopping and supporting a godly family in their adoption process all at the same time?!?:)So, if you have a couple of minutes to check out her store, just click on the name: Moss Lake Originals

In other news, we are working our way back up into the land of the living. Fevers are ebbing though the cough is a killer. I didn't think I could handle knowing the kids were watching another movie so we made them sit and do some school work. Not too much fun for any of us, but it was so nice to look at something other than a TV screen!:) Caleb slept most of the day...his surgery must have caught up with him...and Titus went on a coloring marathon - you should see our fridge! Bryan set up "office" in the living room and is still "at work" as I write!

These last few days of not feeling well has made it difficult to "feel" good about anything else, including my walk with Christ. My physical weakness has made me feel spiritually weak and struggling to have the "joy of the Lord be my strength". For lack of a better word, I have been struggling with feeling "blah". So, I was very thankful that a couple of days before I got sick I read this evening meditation by Spurgeon that has been helping me fight those feelings of "blah" with prayers to love my Savior more. Here is the last portion of it (talking about Christ, our Shepherd) that really blessed my heart:

"How gently did he gather me to himself, to his truth, to his blood, to his love, to his church! With what effectual grace did he compel me to come to himself! Since my first conversion, how frequently has he restored me from my wanderings, and once again folded me within the circle of his everlasting arm! The best of all is, that he does it all himself personally, not delegating the task of love, but condescending himself to rescue and preserve his most unworthy servant. How shall I love him enough or serve him worthily? I would fain make his name great unto the ends of the earth, but what can my feebleness do for him? Great Shepherd, add to thy mercies this one other, a heart to love thee more truly as I ought."

Comments

For His Glory said…
That was beautiful...Nothing I do can change me, it's how I look at Him that changes me!

OH PS... A little sympathy for my whooping cough please, and let us remember mine lasted 3 months and two broken ribs later! Yes can I hear it..."YOU POOR GIRL!!" Okay thank you...

Seriously glad you are all alive and the swine flu didn't claim your lives!
Anonymous said…
I have a little book called “The Loveliness of Christ” by Samuel Rutherford (1600-1661), a Scottish Christian. I read this just recently from that book and it encouraged me. I hope it will be encouraging to you too:

Ye have only these two shallow brooks, sickness and death, to pass through; and ye have also a promise, that Christ shall do more than meet you, even that he shall come himself, and go with you, foot for foot, yea and bear you in his arms. O then! For the joy that is set before you, for the love of the Man (who is also God over all, blessed for ever) that is standing upon the shore to welcome you; run your race with patience.

I am glad you are seeing a light at the end of the tunnel.

Oh, and thanks for the plug! :-)
Lori, that was precious!!! Bryan has that book...we thought it would be a neat gift for our Samuel one day! I think I will have to ask Bryan to let me borrow it!