If it's not sickness then it's a surgery! :)


I sit here praising the Lord for His amazing grace these last 12 hours. Last night I was still battling a fever and was unsure if I would be able to take Caleb for his surgery at 7 this morning. We had prayed that the Lord would make it clear and we believed it was best that Caleb go in if at all possible. I was just unsure how well I was going to be able to hold up. Bryan was worse than I was, so his taking him was out of the question!

My fever broke before I went to bed and, although it was a restless night, my fever did not return (and still hasn't!). I woke up feeling much better than I expected and with a cough that was manageable. PRAISE THE LORD!!!! Caleb and I left for the surgery center at 6:45 am while the rest of the family (minus Samuel)was getting another dose of cough medicine and Tylenol by doctor dad. I'm pretty sure he self-medicated, too!:)

The surgery went well. Caleb showed no signs of fear as they took him away for surgery. The doctor said that the nurses didn't want to "put him to sleep" because they were having so much fun with him in the surgery room. Only Caleb could continue to be a "ham" a few minutes before a surgery. He woke up really well from the anesthesia and we were on our way home by 10:30. He cried the whole way home and my heart broke to not be able to hold him or comfort him. He did so well considering that he understood so little of what was happening to him.
He will be sore for a couple of days...right now, he is walking around like a woman who just had a baby!:) But, at this rate, what is a funny looking walk in the midst of funny sounding coughs, funny sounding voices as a result of the coughs:), funny looking hair from all the "bed head" we have going on, and funny looking "flushes" from the fevers that don't want to go away!!!

And, in the midst of all this "funny" we are working on remembering that, even on days when we are sick and days when things are not going our way...they are ALL still days that the Lord has made so, let us rejoice and be glad in it!" Psalm 118:24

Comments

Anonymous said…
When it rains, it pours!

Glad to hear that God miraculously intervened so that you were well enough to take Caleb this morning. He is faithful!

We will be praying that Caleb heals well and quickly and that he and Samuel stay well in the midst of all those flying germs! :-)
5 Cougs said…
The last pic of Caleb is SOOO cute! He seemed pretty happy this evening, so hopefully he is over the worst!
He sure is a ham. And I could picture every thing so well as I read with a smile of bed heads and cough and Caleb walking funny...your in my prayers
Juli said…
Would like to see pictures of the bedhead, please :)

Still praying you will all feel better soon.
For His Glory said…
Wow, is that God's mercy and grace at it's best or what?! Caleb not sick and your fever breaks...No accidents with God! So glad to hear all was successful!
Michelle P said…
So glad he did so well, and that you are starting to mend...we're still praying for a miraculous recovery of everyone by Sunday or Monday so everyone can meet up! Praying for strength and patience for you this week!
Anonymous said…
You guys are so incredible! Just wanted to let you know that you are all in my prayers!!! :-)
crystal said…
This little guy cracks me up in his pictures!!Iam glad everything went great!!he is so darn cute