Update on the Sick House

As of today, there are officially 6 of us sick. The odd thing is, the two kids that I thought would be most susceptible are showing no signs of being sick at all. Samuel and Caleb are as healthy as can be and I think very much enjoying one of the "perks" that comes with having the rest of the family sick...lots of movies!:)

What is it like being sick alongside your spouse and 4 out of your 6 kids sick, too? It means lots of cough medicine and ibuprofen getting doled out around the clock, it means lots of gatorade and simple, quick meals, it means lots of people laying on the couch at any given time and it means lots of movies!!! The movie part has been a lifesaver for Bryan and I and the kids think it is great! I am hoping this routine does not last too much longer but until fevers start to break, it's just too hard to function!

God's grace IS sufficient and we are hanging in there and thanking the Lord for the health that we DO get to experience almost every day of the year! Thanks so much for your prayers!!!

Comments

Oh hon! Hopefully you're able to get some rest while you take care of everyone else too. It's so true how we take our health for granted. We're keeping you all in our prayers.
I wanted so bad to call yesterday and findout how you're all doing, but didn't want to disturb you if sleeping. So many are prayng and asking. Know we love you all so much and trusting the Lord to bring you all back to full health. I trust you're finding some good chicken soup at your door!
Ruth said…
Kristin, we spent a lot of time in prayer for you and your family last night! I take it that Caleb will have to wait a little longer too...But God knows best!! :)
When you get your pack of cards, you can explain to him why I sent it :)
We have tons of Disney & Veggie Tales too (VHS & DVD) so holler when you need more!
We Love You all!
I Thes 5:16-18
For His Glory said…
OH MY Six of you...Boy you guys wasted no time in sharing your sickness! I can only imagine walking into your home right now seeing you all vegged on the couch:)
Unknown said…
I am so sorry you are all going through this, Kristen. And I can imagine how hard it is for you as the mom and all the responsibilities that entails. But, again, God reminds us of our dependence on Him. And, it is so interesting the ways He has to do that! Each and every one of you are in my prayers.
Juli said…
One of my favorite memories from growing up was the time both my mom and I were sick (me with strep throat and her with some other virus). We opened up our hide-a-bed couch and both of us slept there all day and/or watched t.v. Don't know why that was such a great memory, but it was.

Praying you will all feel better soon.