Happy 8th Birthday Grace!!!


"...in Your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when yet there was none of them." Psalm 139:16

What a wonderful day it was for Grace. She woke up this morning at Nanny and Gramp's house where she had spent the night for a "girls only" sleepover with her sister and two cousins. From what I hear there were multiple renditions of "Happy Birthday" sung as well as a special breakfast of Lucky Charms and donuts.
She spent part of her afternoon meeting some new friends while I spent some sweet time with their mother...a dear friend from high school (and her mother too!). We returned home to a kitchen full of decorations, balloons and the most amazing baby cake that I had ever seen. My heart was so full and blessed to see the precious gift that Grace's Aunt Chrissy gave to her by making her day extra special in every way! Chrissy...you are a treasure and your servant's heart and selfless giving of yourself has been a blessing over and over again to this heart of mine!!!
You may notice that the baby cake is black...that is for a reason, of course! Grace told us last week that what she really wanted for Christmas was a baby sister from Ethiopia.:) She may not get her "wish" for Christmas, but she got the cutest cake ever for her birthday!

Her dinner of choice was ziti (a lasagna type dish) and mint chocolate chip ice cream to go with her cake. Pretty simple girl, my Grace is! :) Aunt Chrissy also painted the girls toe nails tonight and it was fun to see them sharing in some "girlie" moments together!
We are excited to continue in the celebration tomorrow by going out to one of my absolute favorite girlie lunch places growing up. I have such sweet memories of going there with my mother and aunt and I can't wait to make some new special memories with my girls and their aunt, nanny and cousins!

This morning Grace told her Nanny that she really wanted to see the sun for her birthday (does that give you an indication of what the weather has been like or what?!:)). It came peeking through late this afternoon which blessed her heart and then she had the fun of seeing snow a couple of hours later.

It was Samuel and Caleb, though, who showed the most delight as they had never "played" in snow before. It was only a dusting...but they managed to make a few small snowballs and still get their hands cold enough for Samuel to exclaim, "Mom, my hands are burning...they are burning!" :) It was so fun to see them in yet another "first"!!!


"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward."
Psalm 127:3

Comments

For His Glory said…
Happy happy Birthday Grace! YOu forgot to share about that cute little sweater she had on!! I remember that now that you shared with me! hee hee...Oh and the cake was stinkin precious as ever! What a great bunch of memories you guys are making!!
Ruth said…
What an extra special birthday for Grace. God was so good to let the sun shine! :)

Sounds like you are also having the time of your life! Isn't it awesome to have family and friends that you can just "pick up where you left them". One of these years I'm going to get my husband to the east coast to visit my family!
awww...that sounds like such a special, precious day!! I told myself over and over I would call to wish her a happy birthday, but never got to it...I feel like a lame aunt. But it sounds like she had a very busy, fun-filled day anyway! :)

How fun you got to go to chat-a-while!! I feel a little left out that I wasn't mentioned as being one of the persons involved in those special memories :(, but you probably started going there before I became a part of things.

Love you and miss you like crazy!
Matt5verse6 said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GRACE!!! ♥♥♥
Michelle P said…
Happy Birthday Grace! We are so glad you had such a wonderful birthday! We can't wait to see you in a few days!
Love you!
Aunt Michelle