Head and Shoulders, Knees and Toes....


Today I am very thankful that we were able to stay at the "head" part of that song when we went to the doctors today!:) Our poor doctor's office must just take a deep breath when they see all of us come marching in! Today, I got smart and they came marching with school work in hand and successfully completed math while we waited!

Samuel and Caleb have had some "funk" going on on the top of their head since we got them and we tried a few topical things to no avail...so they are going to have to go on a "fungus" oral medicine for the next month or so. It really is not that gross looking...most of you would just think it was dandruff but then there will be some really thick spots that go pretty deep and stick out pretty far and I knew to throw the whole dandruff idea out the window!:) They have to be on it for 4 to 6 weeks...enough time to make sure it is ALL gone! I couldn't help but think of how many things in my life that I need the 4-6 week prescription of faithfully pursuing what is needed and fighting against what is not and instead I keep trying the 1 week dose and I end up constantly battling the same thing over and over...hmmm...just thoughts I am thinking about!:)

Poor boys also got more immunizations (yea! we are done for 6 months) and had to have blood drawn to check their liver levels before being put on the fungus medicine. I think the thing that "redeems" all these tough visits for them is the jar of lollipops that they get to reach into at the end!:)

Micah joined the boys in being "inspected" by our beloved doctor. He started complaining about his ear hurting last night and that he was dizzy. YEP, there is an infection brewing nicely in his right ear again. I am starting to think his right ear only feels "normal" if it is red and draining puss!:) And, yes, I got thinking about Micah's ear on the way home too! At the first sign of pain, we have learned to get him in to the doctors because we know what will happen if his infection goes for too long and the damage it causes. I couldn't help but think of one of Jonathan Edward's resolutions:

"Resolved, whenever my feelings begin to appear in the least out of order, when I am conscious of the least uneasiness within, or the least irregularity without, I will then subject myself to the strictest examination."


So often, I let the twinge pass, I let the uncomfortableness of what I have done disappear in the ocean of excuses and I do not cry out, "Search me O God and know my heart, try me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there be anyway in me and lead me in the way everlasting." Psalm 139:23-24 And the pain only increases and my attitude only gets more sinful and I am left with such a bigger mess than what might have been.

Yep...all that from the doctors!:)

I am also pleased to report that there is no need to add "stomach" to the list of ailments either! Bryan is doing great and, whatever caused it has passed without any further issues at all! We are ALL praising the Lord for that! We had a sweet reunion last night and it was such a blessing for me to just sit and talk with my hubby as he shared about his trip. God is at work all over the world all the time and we forget because we just don't see outside of "our world". What a joy to hear about how God is at work in the lives of men, women and children in Mexico. I am hoping he will find some time for post a few of his stories for you! Thank you so much for all your prayers!

Comments

For His Glory said…
Once Again, only you can make a Bible devotion out of fungus!!! Ha ha, Or better yet and ear infection too! I love it...Glad the parasites left Bryan alone, although, be very careful Bryan, some actually don't appear untill months later when HALF YOUR INTESTINES ARE GONE!!!! AHHHH...HA HA HA
Anonymous said…
So glad to hear Bryan is home and does not have Montezuma's Revenge! :-)

You always find the cutest photos to include with your posts.

Our girls had to take antibiotics for nine months for TB. So, you can feel really lucky it is just six weeks!
crystal said…
I was so thinking the same thing that Wendy said!!I dont know how you pulled that one off lol!!I always have to tell myself "Things could be worse" RIGHT????LOL your funny by the way.
What awesome spiritual insights you got---all from going to the doctors!! As always...Thank you for sharing! Good stuff to think about.

So glad Bryan is feeling fine.

I would look forward to reading about how the short-term missionary trip went!
Matt5verse6 said…
Glad to hear all is well...(for the most part). :) I am praising God with you!!! :) Much love. ♥
Unknown said…
AMEN!!!
Continued treatment and strict exams! Your words are so very convicting - thank your for sharing the "medical" insights that the Spirit led you to!

ps. we've been fighting the same fungus :) Yuck! My Spiritual insight from that: consisentcy and some things just don't clear up with conventional treatment. You just have to go for the tough medicine! God is like that, isn't He?