Up, Up and Away We Go!!!!


Tomorrow we leave for New York (upstate, not the city!:)) and today we head down to Seattle since our flight leaves at 7 in the morning on Friday (now that would be a post...how to get 8 people to the airport by 5:30 A.M when 6 of them are 9 and under!:)). We will be spending a wonderful amount of time with our family there and get back the beginning of December. Grace is extra excited as she will get to celebrate her birthday while we are there!

I have always thought it would be so cool to go on the TV show "The Amazing Race". While that may not be a reality, I have decided that I am going to pretend that I am on "The Amazing Race" tomorrow and see the whole day as one big adventure instead of one big overwhelming day to just "get through". In fact, I had hopes of making my own shirt that said "This Is MY Amazing Race"...but I seem to have ran short of time!:) And, although we may not have the "world" watching us on TV...I am sure there will be plenty of people who take notice of our "clan" and we would LOVE your prayers that the Lord would allow us to be a light and a testimony of HIS transforming grace tomorrow on the airplane and in the airport!

My desire is to continue to blog and post pictures of our trip while we are there...but desire and reality are often two different things!:) So, if my blog is silent for a while, just know that we have not dropped off the face of the earth...we just dropped in on the other side of the country and we are having a lot of fun. Of course, some may call 12 children all age 9 and under just plain crazy...but my in-laws have the joy of calling them all grandchildren and my kids have the excitement of meeting and playing with all their cousins...some whom they have never met and even those they did meet it's all a bit fuzzy for them! What sweet memories will be made!

"Let all that you do be done in love." 1 Corinthians 16:14

Comments

How true that it IS our JOY to call them all grandchildren. How blessed we are!
I am so happy for you guys, to have this wonderful opportunity!

I'm praying for you all!

Look forward to any posts you are able to get out, sharing how the trip is going!
Unknown said…
Kristin, I will be anxiously watching for updates on your visit! We plan to travel to CA in January to visit family - 10 kids my mother calls grandchildren, and 900sq ft. It will definitely have it's own set of challenges:)
May the Lord be glorified as we all give thanks for His mercy and His blessings!
For His Glory said…
HAve a wonderful, blessed time! Is it cold there??