An Impromptu Photo Op!


When everyone got home from church today, my brother asked if I could take a few pictures of him with the kids! He didn't have to twist my arm to do so :) and I was tickled with how the pictures turned out so I thought I would share them with you! I look at my dear family and stand in awe at how God handpicked the exact "make up" of our home. The family unit is His design and our family was fashioned before the world began. God says to Jeremiah in 1:5, "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you..." and Ephesians 3:14-15 says, "For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named." We were known and named "The Pichura Family" before there was sky or land or birds or trees. I can get lost in the beauty of those truths!!!

And, as I think about God's precious plan as it unfolds in the life of my family I can't help but imagine what it must have been like for Mary. God's plan for her included calling the Savior of the world her SON!!!! Talk about getting lost in the beauty of THAT truth! Yet, with it also came the pain of knowing her son would die...a terrible, painful death for her sins and those of the world. She knew his future and it would create pain in her heart as though a sword was pierced through her very soul (Luke 2:35). Yet, that reality did not keep her from rejoicing and pondering and treasuring in her heart all that took place concerning Jesus.

I have so much to learn from Mary and I am so thankful for her precious testimony. I may not know the number of days the Lord has placed upon each of my children or my husband, but I know the God who gave that number. I know that He does what is best for our family and for His glory. And, because of that, I can echo with Mary, "My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior" (Luke 1:46) and I rejoice with a full heart to have each and every day to treasure and ponder in my heart the things that take place!








Comments

You all look great! Wonderful family time!
For His Glory said…
What precious keepsake photos! Loved the one of them on the ground with uncle :)