Merry Christmas today...and every day!!!

We arrived in Hood River this afternoon after what feels like a blur of a week! Monday all our kiddos had their first eye exams. It looks like Faith may be a little near sighted, but, thankfully, it's not to the point of glasses just yet. Everyone else checked out a okay!



Tuesday, we were off to the dentist for routine cleanings.
Wednesday we spent the day celebrating Christmas with some dear friends. The kids had so much fun decorating gingerbread houses and Caleb enjoyed having his own "specially made" graham cracker house to decorate (thanks Mrs. Benedetti!) And, as if they knew we were celebrating...lighted up tractor trailer trucks came honking (and playing Christmas music) down our street! What a special treat!





I sit here typing realizing that it is only a half an hour away from Christmas. Life has been such a whirlwind that it is so hard to believe that Jesus' Birthday Celebration is almost here!!!! I think another reason it still seems "not really" Christmas is because, due to family schedules, we have chosen to celebrate our "traditional" family Christmas next Tuesday when most of our family can be together.

So, my thoughts have been telling me that Christmas is not till next week, even thought the majority of you will be celebrating our Savior's birth tomorrow. And, I guess that is what I am wrestling a little bit with...not "feeling" like it is Christmas. But, Christmas is ultimately not about one specific day, presents, stockings, big breakfasts and other special foods...Christmas is all about CHRIST. And, for the believer, EVERY day should be Christmas, right?! So, I have just as much reason to rejoice and "be merry" tomorrow as I do next week. The King has been born...God incarnate has arrived. My Substitute, the Lamb of God, the ultimate Sacrifice for my sins entered the world and my life now has meaning and hope...not just one day of the year, but EVERY DAY of the year!!!!

Tomorrow, we have the privilege of rejoicing in Christ birth with those that live in a couple of the nursing homes in town. We have heard that, sadly, many spend Christmas apart from family each year. Christmas, to them, must seem to be just like any other day of the year. I am praying that this year will be different. Not because we sing so beautifully, or give out great hugs but because they see a glimpse of Jesus in us and that glimpse causes them to ask for a "reason for the hope that is in us" and that God awakens their heart to His glorious gospel!

Whether that happens tomorrow or not is in the Lord's hands. As for me, I pray that DAILY God awakens my heart anew to the glorious truth of "Immanuel: God with us"....and that Christmas would not be one day of the year but an overflow of every day of the year!!!

Comments

For His Glory said…
Wow! That truck was way cool...Have fun on your Christmas with all your fam...I know it will all be worth the wait:)