Reflecting on Christmas


I'll be honest, I am a big traditions girl...so one thing I love about Christmas is that we still do things the same way we did them when I was a little girl!

We opened stockings before breakfast and the kids had fun playing with their new treasures while my dad made our Christmas breakfast of eggs, bacon and hash browns ( we went through 31 eggs!). Top that off with homemade cinnamon rolls and we were all nice and full from breakfast around the time most people were eating lunch!

It was fun watching the kids open presents...but if I am being honest...I also felt a bit like a referee! Trying to get six kids to open gifts one at a time, stay seated, and watch their siblings open their gifts when their turns were over was quiet the feat! Not very successful most of the time!:)



Grace was feeling sick...truly sick...so, off to the doctors we went in the afternoon (we were praising the Lord that we did not have to go back to the ER). Strep throat it is...but the poor thing also started throwing up while we were there. (She is doing better today and we rejoice in that!) When we left the doctors there was about an inch of snow that had fallen and we delighted that evening in having a "White Christmas" after all!:)

We adults had our "white elephant" gift exchange when the kids went to bed and enjoyed the fun of stealing gifts and getting to keep our "prizes". But, in the end...I have to agree with a post Challies wrote a few days ago. What makes Christmas special is truly being able to be together as a family and sharing in some special traditions. Christmas itself and the meaning of it should be celebrated each and every day of the year.

I thought you would enjoy seeing the end result of the first picture that I posted on today's blog...so here is a little video for you!

Comments

Ruth said…
Thanks for sharing Kristin! I love the pictures!!!

And I couldn't agree with you more...family is THE best way to celebrate Christmas!

Love you...drive safely!
Got to love those Red Sox fanatics! How cute ... they were so excited!
Oh my little Grace ... I'm so sorry you got strep. I pray you are feeling better now. Love you, Nanny
Kimiko said…
THANK YOU for posting that video!! Wish we could have been there to see it in person, but at least we're able to watch the video!!! Please give all of the kids hugs for us! We miss you and love you all!
For His Glory said…
Again! You guys and strep! That's crazy! Well, it looks like you all had a very sweet day together :) Loved the pics!