Too fun to not go back!

I was going through pictures on my computer and realized that I never documented a really fun night that we had on the 6th of December! It was the night we decorated our tree, drank hot cocoa while Dad read us a Christmas story and our kids formed their own band and had fun putting on a concert. I am not sure that anyone not related to them would pay money to go and see them...but I'll give you a "sneak peak" for free!:)











Also, I was wondering if you all might help me out and give me some names of Christmas movies you and your family like to watch around this time of year. There are a lot out there...but I need help figuring out which ones are best...or at least favorites for others! Half of our family is down sick with a cold and somehow the girls have managed to get a fever, too! So some "movie time" may not be such a bad idea after all!

Comments

For His Glory said…
Oh my! What fun :) I never knew you could play the drums to "Silent Night"!

Some pretty decent CHRISTMAS movies for the whole family we like are:
*Samantha (American girl)
*Felicity (American girl)
*Nativity Story (with some fast forward "dead people" hanging from tree part (sorry to be graphic)
*Charlie Brown Christmas
*Christmas Shoes
*Love's Long Journey

(Sorry for the exhausted list, but I have a daughter who's a movie fanatic)
Anonymous said…
The new Veggie Tales movie, Saint Nicholas, A Tale of Joyful Giving is really cute. A fun way to tell the legend of "Santa" and yet the goal is to teach the real meaning of Christmas.

We also love A Muppet Christmas Carol. Our girls loved The Nativity, but there are a few tense moments that may be good to skip by. They really are quick - they don't linger over anything bad. It is the true story though and I think it has an impact showing what the time was like and why the Jewish people were looking for a Messiah.

You can't beat White Christmas for fun songs and dancing. :-)
Michelle P said…
I love the Pichura Pop Band! I could kind of hear Faith and Micah making a tune in between Caleb pounding on the "drums". Too cute!!
Juli said…
Too cute!

Hmm...Christmas movies. I'm partial to several versions of A Christmas Carol. Also, Charlie Brown Christmas. I also like It's a Wonderful Life and White Christmas, but am not sure the youngus's would like those so much.
I give 5 stars for Samantha...she tries to save some orphans...My kids loved the music. We are also fight colds.
And Wendy thanks for some new ones.
Paul said…
Oh my gosh! The next generation "Parker" I mean "Pichura" band! I think we still have video of when we did this Kristin! Grace and Micah are showing amazing talent, and Titus is holding his sticks well. A musical bunch once again! Did it come from you sis? How is that so? ha ha. Miss you all and love you so much!!!!!!!
Oh, and their shout out to Jesus is awesome! Happy Birthday to our King!
Paul said…
Favorites:

Charlie Brown Christmas
Elf (lots of good morals in this one!)
White Christmas
Muppet Christmas Carol
Christmas Shoes
The Ultimate Gift (I think it's during the Christmas season)
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Psalty's Christmas Sing-a-Long (they should have made one if they didn't)