And I thought I would be "twiddling my thumbs"....


I was vacuuming the house this afternoon (our landlord was coming to inspect before giving our deposit back!) and I started to giggle wondering how I could ever have thought that I would be "twiddling my thumbs" this week once our furniture was gone! Life has not slowed down a bit...but we feel like we are finally getting to the top of the "moving out hill". I am praying that the "moving in hill" will be a little bit smaller...but I know that there will still be much to do and much to overwhelm me if I am trying to do it in my own strength with eyes fixed on the situations instead of my Savior! My flesh has won many battles this week but I have great hope knowing that the ultimate victory has already been won,in Christ, and that I am not enslaved to my flesh and desires but I have been freed from them. Freed to be a slave of Christ with all the rights and privileges of a son (daughter)...what a beautiful truth!!!

"Whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God." (I Cor. 10:31) It was one of the easiest verses to memorize, but the weight of it is anything but easy. In fact, it's impossible apart from Christ. Something as mundane as eating and drinking, as mundane as changing a diaper or doing the dishes or cleaning the house, as mundane as packing up boxes knowing they will be unpacked only a couple weeks later...those things are the very things that I am to do with zeal for the glory of God!

So, random as they may be, those are the truths I have been preaching to myself the last few days...and when I am not preaching...I am listening to myself and losing the battle every time I do! :)

My kids have also encouraged my heart, too. I have to share a couple things from today that warmed my "momma's heart".

Grace and I picked up Tessie from the vet (she spent the day there after being "put under" to get her teeth cleaned...don't even ask!!!!) and Grace stayed in the car with Tessie while I ran in the store to grab something. As I was getting close to the car to get in I hit the unlock button on my key chain. It spooked Grace and, seconds later when I got into the car this is what she said:

"Mom, I thought that was a robber and I got scared...but then I just thought, well, I'll tell him about Jesus and then maybe he will take me back to my family."

I was blown away that that is what her first thoughts were...thank you Lord!!!

And a little while ago Micah brought me a song that he wrote (he even put in what scale should be played on the guitar!)and I thought that I would close by sharing it with you. I continue to praise the Lord for how He is going before us and preparing the way both physically and in our hearts and our kid's hearts!

verse: "I am going to Canada! We are going for ministry. I liked Yakima but it is
time to move on."

chorus: "I am going to Canada!(2x)I will do anything for the Lord." (G scale)

verse: "I will miss my friends. They were kind to me. I liked Yakima but it is time
to move on."

chorus: "I am going to Canada!(2x) I will do anything for the Lord." (G scale)

end: "Jesus plans everything."

Comments

It sounds like the Lord has blessed you with so many hugs today :)
Anonymous said…
I love Micah's song. :-) Don't you love a child's heart?

Thanks for your note and the scripture (on my blog).

My thoughts are a bit scattered today so forgive me my brief comments! :-) Thinking of you, Lori
Michelle P said…
That song is too cute...tell Micah we want to hear it this weekend!
And what a blessing to hear how God is growing Grace's heart...once so easily frightened, but now looking to Jesus! So encouraging! Thanks for sharing...
See you soon!
Ruth said…
Boy I love a child's faith! And someday, those thoughts and words of Grace are going to comfort her when she needs them! (It did for me!)

I agree totally with Micah's song too! You will be missed extremely...but you're going to Canada, to serve the Lord!

You and Bryan are doing an awesome job of raising your children to be Godly! I will continue to pray that the family will be first before "work" which unfortunately isn't as easy as it sounds! (And I know you understand being a PK yourself!)

I love you and will continue to pray for safe travels and great family time!
Ruth
Jen L said…
What a great song. It's sweet to see that your children know "Jesus plans everything" Thanks for sharing and we'll pray for you this week as you anticipate your move.
For His Glory said…
Oh so precious! Isn't it true, I think so many times when my children respond to something unexpected, "is that even how I would respond?" Isn't amazing how God uses our children to encourage us as parents to continue training and not lose heart!!

PS Why did you have Tessie's teeth cleaned?? Ha ha
Tessie had so much build up on her teeth they said it was not good. It happens, I guess with little dogs...but it was pretty bad..so now we have to work really hard on "maintaining" clean teeth...crazy, really! :)

Oh...Wendy...I know what you mean about thinking "Would I have even responded that way?" I thought the same thing!
Oh what precious grandkids I have. And I thank their parents for instilling God's truths in their hearts & lives. Whe I read Grace's thoughts, it brought tears to my eyes. Hugs & kisses to you all!
Kristin, I had the tears welling up as I read Micah's song!! Oh my... That is just awesome, to see what has come from his heart. SO COOL!!!

And thanks for the verse, by the way! I think that one's going to be my preachin'-to-myself verse this week (and long after!!) Thanks again, and good to read how things are going!!

Excited for you guys!!
Paul said…
Micah! Tell him that's a rockin song! He might be the next Johnny Cash! :-) Love ya sis
Muddy said…
Charles Wesley wrote over 2,000 hymns. You probably know a few of them. (Wikipedia has a list of his best known hymns - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Wesley#Best-known_hymns

I'm sure he started at a young age. Micah is off to a fine start as a composer.