Happy Birthday Bryan and Happy Last Day in the USA!


This January we have celebrated two Pichura birthdays at my brother's house...Faith's a couple of weeks ago and now Bryan's today! Birthday cake number two for Michelle! :) (Thanks dear sister in law for making Bryan's Boston Cream Pie!)

We had a wonderful morning of worship at Mars Hill Church and, of course, it's always wonderful to be with family! It's hard to believe we head for the border tomorrow! Thanks for all your prayers and we would love and appreciate your prayers over the next couple of days. Tomorrow, we have to "register" our cars before getting to the border and then at the border, Bryan will apply for(and prayerfully get) his work visa. We have been told that, if all goes well, it should only take a half an hour. After that, we have to go to the custom's holding area to show all of our paperwork and get our "house" released. Assuming that goes well, they will drop off the trailer Tuesday morning and we will start to unload it then. I have a feeling it is going to be busy and even a bit stressful and we really do desire to glorify God through the craziness of what the next few days may hold!

Okay, back to my hubby and his birthday. There are so many things I could share with you about my husband...but the one thing that matters most is that he loves Jesus more than anything else and that love spills over in beautiful ways to me, to our kids and to those he ministers too! He is my most favorite earthly treasure!:)
Faith said it even more precious than I did in her card to Bryan:

"Happy Birthday Dad I love you so so much and I'm glad you are my Dad and I'm glad mom gave birth to me so I can celebrate your birthday with me. Love you, Faith"

Does it get any sweeter than that?

And, in closing....here is a quote from this morning's message (Mark Driscoll) worth thinking about:

"Instead of letting everything wrong get to you, first find out what is wrong with you."

Comments

Ruth said…
Boy Bryan is getting old!!! :) Happy B-day Bryan!

Thanks for the quote...it's really a good one.

We'll be praying for you today as you leave your "native land" and head for that foreign country...does this mean you are also missionaries now?! Well get use to the word "aye" because it's said waaaay to much! :)

Love you all...
Happy Birthday, Bryan! Boy, I guess with 8 people in the family, there is no shortage of celebrations going on in any given month!! :0) (How fun!)

I loved the idea to "write" 34 out of the candles rather than attempting to plug in 34 individual candles!! I'll have to use that idea on Matt's 42nd next year! :0)
I have loved watching God take care of you.
I have loved watching God take care of you.
For His Glory said…
Happy Birthday Homeboy!
momto5 said…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFcIH2tK2iM

To welcome you to this new land...watch this video Canadian Border Patrol, that our mutual friends Greg & Amy G. showed us. It will bring a smile to your face!

Shona
Shona...that truly did have me giggling! :) Thanks for the smile..and sorry it took me so long to post your comment! :) I am jealous that you have Amy as a friend...and I am assuming a bit close by?!!! :)