Just Checking In

I sit here wanting to share, needing to share but feeling like my brain will not be able to tell my fingers what to do and what to say. I am tired...not a "I need to go to sleep" but more of a "everything feels mushy and fuzzy" kind of tired!:) The kind of tired that cries easy.:) The kind of tired that comes from having your brain running a hundred miles an hour with all that needs to be done but you can't seem to get your body to move even a mile an hour!:) And, if I am not making sense at this point...well, it's because I am tired!:)

Life is good...God is good...but life is not always predictable and there is much that is "up in the air" right now in our lives. There have been times this past week where fear has griped me...all the "what ifs". There have been moments of mental temper tantrums..."demanding" things of God that are not mine to demand. In the end, it boils down to a lack of trust and a lack of believing all that God is for me in Christ Jesus. I have forgotten that I am a pilgrim and I have wanted more stability. I have forgotten that rarely are God's ways the way I would have chosen or even imagined for myself and yet, my sanctification has depended on it and those trials of "fire" have refined me and caused me to love Jesus more. It has caused the things of earth to "grow strangely dim" and to be able to see with eternal glasses that truly "in His presence there is fullness of joy".

"Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and His understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak."
Isaiah 40:28-29

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
2 Corinthians 12:9

"You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in You. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord is a Rock Eternal."
Isaiah 26:3-4



Okay...so that is where my heart is at....as far as where life is at....

I started a new reading plan this year. I am very excited about it. Instead of taking different sections of the Bible each day it focuses on a "theme" each day and you do your reading within the theme of the day (ex. Sunday - poetry, Thursday - prophets). The title of the plan is called "The Bible Reading Plan for Shirkers and Slackers...but don't let the title fool you...I think it is a great idea! And, the best thing about it, is that you can pick up the plan at anytime...your not way behind because you didn't start on the 1st!

Three of our six children have managed to outgrow their shoes....so off to the store we went today to rectify that problem. I took the girls with me and we found their shoes at Target and shoes for Samuel at Ross. I think buying shoes is right up there with getting a tooth "filled"....slightly painful and a bit numbing! :) Grace and Faith also spent some money they had saved up and our home now has a double stroller wheeling around it! Grace is tickled pink!


I just read a great article from the Council of Biblical Manhood and Womanhood. I couldn't help but read it when I saw the title "Don't You Already Have Kids? Adding to Your Existing Family Through Adoption". We have heard that one before:). The article was short, simple and encouraging!

-interjection- Faith just came out from her bedroom (she should be asleep by now) to inform us that her eyes were not working right. She said one eye likes to see things up close and the other one only wants to see things far away. My dear daughter also informed me today as we drove passed Macy's that she LOVED Macy's. I couldn't help but giggle as I said, "How come, Faith, you have never been there before?" She informed me that Macy's had great commercials!:) Where she has seen those commercials beats me...but she sure keeps us laughing!

And, in other very exciting news...being the competitive person that I am, I can't help but sharing the good news with you all. I won my family's 4th annual gingerbread decorating contest this year! It was close, but I pulled it off with my brother David coming in second and his bride, Michelle, taking third for her "Annie" gingerbread..




Grace blew us all away with her gingerbread house. In a few years, I think we will all be in big trouble!:)

Comments

Ruth said…
Ooo...I Love the cookies! How many participate in your contest? And what did you win?!

I appreciate your honesty...I have often found myself "tired" too and one of my favorite verses to claim is found in Matthew 11:25-30. "...Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest!..."

I KNOW you know this! But there are times when you just have to "drop" into His arms and REST. He does KNOW our future and IS in control, usually His timing isn't ours :(

I Love you! Hopefully I'll see you on Sat?
Rose Casell said…
Those are some of my favorite verses! :)

congrats on winning your gingerbread contest. lol. How fun!
For His Glory said…
Oh I can only imagine all the answers you must want now...The flesh feels secure in knowing, our spirit is what we have to fight to remember is safe and secure! I'll be praying that you are able to stand strong against your flesh :)

I always love seeing the gingerbread cookies! So stinkin cute!
I prayed yesterday morning (forgot this morning:( ) that not only would God provide a house, but that he would provide a big house with lots and lots of rooms, and at a really great price, too! I know, sounds impossible, but God has answered my prayers in some pretty awesome ways before, so I just figured, "why not be more specific this time?" :)

Your heart is in the right place...keep dwelling on those verses. Oh, and your gingerbread clown was SO cute! You go girl! Love you!!
Anonymous said…
I love how you were preaching to yourself! Good job and maybe I will print it out for when I will need it - because we are all where you are today at some time. :-)

I will continue my prayers for you and your family. It isn't easy not having things settled. I hate it, in fact. The planner in me can't stand it. The Lord does know best and we always look back and realize what He was up to - even if it is just that sanctification thing!

That was such a good article at Biblical Manhood and Womanhood.

Take care!
Anonymous said…
No offense Kristin, but I think whoever made the gingerbread house probably should have won. Yours is cute, but that house is amazing!!!
Man, you guys have a talented family!! Very artisic... :)
I forgot to add, thank you for the link to the adopion article. It was a really good read...