The Sun is Shining and It's A Beautiful Day!!!!

We woke up this morning to clear skies and the sun! It's the first day without rain and the first day we got to see the view from the Hampton Inn...and what a view it is!

Speaking of view...we also got to view a house today...and it is the one!!!!!
Lord willing, we will be renting the top floor which contains about 2,000 square feet of living space and four bedrooms at a price we can afford. WE ARE SO EXCITED!!! Besides the pink carpet:) it is beyond our expectations and we stand in awe of how the Lord has provided. The set up is perfect for entertaining, homeschooling and there is a yard for the kids to play in...complete with cherry,apple and pear trees!:) Our landlord will be living below us and he is a really sweet single guy who is as accommodating as ever! He even said I was free to add some color to the walls...whatever I would like! If you know me, you know I like color and just knowing that makes it feel way more like home! I will share more details once we are moved in and I can show you some pictures to go with it!

And, as the cherry on top, he had a beautiful couch and love seat (something I would have bought myself) that he GAVE us!!!! We would have had to buy something to fill the extra room (there is both a living room and family room) and, just like that, the Lord provided!!! I was BLOWN away! Cherry number two came when we drove around the block and found a baseball park only a couple of blocks away!!!!! We can't stop smiling!

We had a wonderful "celebration" dinner at "The Old Spaghetti Factory" and it felt good to eat something that was not fried!:)


We had a family movie night tonight at the church with the "M & M's" group (married and multiplying). Then it's the "big" day with church, Bryan teaching Sunday School, church again :) and an all-church potluck and Q & A session. We'll try to get some more swimming in too!

Monday we head home and Tuesday we wait for a phone call after the meeting Tuesday night! Our hearts are rejoicing in what the Lord is doing and we are excited that it looks like that means living in Surrey, BC and calling Cloverdale Baptist Church our church family!

Thank you so much for your continued prayers on our behalf. Believe me, we know you are praying! And, speaking of prayers answered, we also found out yesterday that our kids do not need passports to move to Canada...their birth certificates are good enough!

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him."
Psalm 34:8

Comments

Sandy said…
We PRAISE and give GLORY to His Name for so many precious answers to prayer...and above what we could have asked for! How like Him!! :)

We love you and are SO delighted for His provision for you!
Wow! There's no doubt that the Lord's blessing is strenthening your faith all the more! Your excitement and enthusiasm is so contagious and we pray God will use this move for His glory and the advancement of His kingdom in Canada! Thanks for being faithful!

Love Dad
Anonymous said…
I am so pleased for your finding a home to rent. It also sounds like you are all enjoying the church and its people. It seems like the Lord is blazing the trail for you!

I am still praying as I know there is still a LOT ahead!
Michelle P said…
YEAH!!! We are SOOO excited to see how God is providing above and beyond!! Praising Him with you!
And also, VERY IMPORTANT: You need to post a picture of this amazing waterslide you keep talking about. (like you don't have anything better to do! ;)
I am rejoicing and filled with joy to see how our great God is unfolding his plans in your lives. The plans that he knew before the beginning of time. Your family is a testimony and an encouragement to me. Love you!!! I'll continue to pray.
Ruth said…
I agree with both your parents!!! God is SO good!

And when we are in His Will...He shows it to us so clearly!! (Your HOME; the passport issue-NOT; your children's enthusiasm!)

We will pray for a safe journey home tomorrow! And prayerfully we'll connect (you and me) next week!

Love you my Sister!!! (I should probably call you daughter...since I'm as old as your parents! lol)
The house is absolutely beautiful. And isn't it beautiful how the Lord has provided the space, the right rent, needed rooms and bedrooms, sofa, etc. Oh taste and see that the LORD IS GOOD! I am so excited. Can't wait to visit ... possibly Easter? Love you all!
For His Glory said…
OH yay! Isn't it so humbling sometimes to see how our own fear or worry distracts us from the beautiful provisions God has mapped out for our whole lives!!?? I look back at sooo many times I've done this and have praised God it hasn't turned out my way but God's perfect way!!! Okay , so I had to laugh and say what a precious patient man to rent his place to 8 people (6 of those kids) ON TOP of where he will be living :)...Hey, there's a reason God placed you there (assuming this is it!) prayerfully, if he's not saved, God might use you as a tool to show Him the gospel!! Rejoicing with you guys!!!
OH!!! I am smiling HUGE for you guys right now!!!! Praise God for all of His ABUNDANT blessings to you guys!!! He is so good, is He not??

So glad to see all of your smiling faces, too!---with smiles that truly reflect your exciting times so far!!
Matt5verse6 said…
Praising God with you and your family!!!♥