Vacation Time!!!


Okay, so not really :), but it helps describe a bit how I am starting to feel. You know what it is like when you are planning on going on vacation? You are so excited to go...but very quickly you realize all that needs to be done to get everything ready and you find your thoughts and emotions centered around just getting the things done that are necessary. So, until everything is ready to go, you excitement is kinda put on the back burner?

Well...maybe that is not you...but it's me! And, that is kinda where I have been the last week or so. Not able to see much more than what was in front of me!:) Now, there is a lot less in front of me :) and even our Suburban is in the shop which has meant a full day at home today...and it's starting to hit home...we really are going!!! YIPEE!

A couple of days ago, in our family worship, Bryan shared with us from Joshua 4. The Israelites were crossing the Jordan River and getting ready to enter the Promise Land, Canaan. Before the priests exited the river and the water flowed freely again, Joshua had each of the heads of the tribes gather a stone to make a "pile" and be a reminder of where they had been and God's faithfulness and handiwork in the past as they excitedly looked forward to what He had planned for them in the future!

We each took turns sharing things ways that God had worked in our lives and in our family and things we were thankful for in our time here in Yakima. It was a precious time of remembering and praising the Lord...and it was also full of excitement in the future...our kids called it "their" Promise Land and Micah was quick to point out that Canada and Canaan both started with the letter "C"!:)

I sit here tonight praising the Lord for His faithfulness in the past and the confidence I have knowing that He is a God that does not change and will continue to be faithful in the future! And the excitement is starting to well in my heart as I look toward our future in Canada and as I read verses like Ephesians 3:20-21:

"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen."

Comments

For His Glory said…
I can't imagine all the anticipation taking place! It's fun to start a new beginning especially when God is the leader!
Matt5verse6 said…
Wishing you guys all the best! Sorry I haven't commented recently, I was offline for about a week. I am so excited for you and will be praying though I know you are well taken care of and your focus is always on the Lord. Canada is going to be great, ay? God willing, I know it will be. ;) My heart is with you. ♥