We made it!


Two months after our first visit to Canada we are back here again! The trip was much like the last trip...lots of rain!:) We did have a huge ray of sunshine in the midst of it...we had the blessing of visiting friends that we met when we were in Ethiopia. They adopted two children as well, Taye and Seri. They also have a Micah and an Austin and the boys were right at home playing with each other. My girls...well...they were right at home too...playing with Seri!:) Grace commented on the fact that "this" (playing with a little girl) was how our home might be one day! She loves to make sure adoption is at the fore front of our minds!:)

We spent this evening at the church for Cloverdale's boys and girls clubs. It could not have been a better way to start out our week here as the kids got to meet and "make" some new friends and were talking up a storm about how much fun they had all the way back to the hotel.

During "Living Jewels" (the girl's time) we sang "I Stand In Awe of You" and my prayer is that, in the midst of so many things that can keep my eyes pealed to the things of earth and, in the midst of everything that feels so new and makes me feel like it's my first day of high school :), that I would stand in awe of Jesus. That I would love Him most of all and grasp even a bit of His infinite wisdom and fathom a little bit more each day the depths of His love for me!

P.S. Bryan is now 0 for 2...I just received my second bouquet of flowers from Cloverdale Baptist Church! Better get going, babe!:)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I just want you to know you are in my prayers. I hope this is a good week and that the Holy Spirit speaks loud and clear!
Ruth said…
We are so happy to see how you have gotten to spend so much time together as a family! You truly have been blessed to be able to "bond" as a family in all your travels.

Just wanted you to know that Small group prayed for you and your family last night!

You are missed and VERY loved!
It's like sweet water in the desert being able to keep up with all that's going on through your blog. As other, I, too, will be praying. BTW, the flowers are beautiful. How sweet and thoughtful for them to do that. Appears they really care! Love you, love you, love you.
For His Glory said…
How cool to meet up with that family from Ethiopia! It looks like their little one was really "mad dogging" you in that pic though (ha ha)