Coming up for air to say HELLO!!!

This post was a bit delayed...I guess moving does that!:) It has been a WONDERFUL move! We made it through customs in about an hour and a half...the kids did well while we waited and Tessie (our dog) occupied herself quite nicely in our car by peeing and pooping on my coat!:)

We spent the evening on Monday and the beginning of Tuesday cleaning the house and preparing for the truck to arrive. It arrived around 2 pm and angled nicely in the driveway. That gave us some time to unload the odds and ends in the back before the men arrived to help us unpack. Dear men from the church started arriving around 4:30 and by 6:30 the truck was unloaded!

I am not even sure where to begin to share the outpouring of love and welcome we have been shown by our new church family. It has blessed our hearts so deeply. They have been used by God to minister to us exactly how we have needed it and over and over I have found myself thanking the Lord for bringing along just the right person at just the right time! We have been blessed with meals, flowers, food supplies, fellowship while helping unpack our kitchen,family room, bathrooms and bedrooms, a trip to the park for our kids while the men were unloading the truck and so many more "little" things that have helped along the way. And once again I am reminded of the precious gift that God gave us called the "Body of Christ". When you join a local church you are not joining an "organization" you are uniting yourself to and with a FAMILY!!!! It's a beautiful thing!

There are still plenty of "kinks" to be ironed out. We still do not have a working phone and I lost the power cord to my computer and have been left with one "dead" laptop since Monday. Thankfully, Bryan pulled out his little "acer" and I am doing my best to type on it's mini keyboard! We have a full day tomorrow and would continue to ask for your prayers. Somehow we "missed" the turnoff before the Canadian Border to get our cars "exported" from the USA. We took care of all the import paperwork with Canada but we have to leave and go back into the US to legally export our cars. If it sounds confusing, it's because it IS confusing!:) We also have to get a social insurance number (like the United States social security number) in order to get a paycheck or open a bank account and who knows what else. So, we are headed out in search of that tomorrow as well! In some ways our Friday may feel a bit more like this past Monday...but, this time we have a HOME to go back to! On Monday it just felt like a "house"...today, it feels like home!:)

And, speaking of our home (drum roll please!), thanks to the help of some dear gals, my husband and myself...48 hours after the truck was unloaded, I just unpacked the last box a couple of hours ago!!!! It feels so good! I'll be honest, Tuesday night as I looked at all the boxes I thought it would take forever!:)

So, it's on to hanging pictures on the wall and then tackling some of the "projects" that became visible as we moved in! I wish you could see my big smile!:) And that is the temporal point of view. The eternal view is that this week started the beginning of a "love relationship"...a marriage, if you will, to the body here at Cloverdale Baptist Church and my smile is even bigger when I think about that!!!

Tonight I close with praise upon my tongue and leave you with Psalm 148! Pictures to come!:)

Praise the Lord!
Praise the Lord from the heavens;
praise him in the heights!
2 Praise him, all his angels;
praise him, all his hosts!

3 Praise him, sun and moon,
praise him, all you shining stars!
4 Praise him, you highest heavens,
and you waters above the heavens!

5 Let them praise the name of the Lord!
For he commanded and they were created.
6 And he established them forever and ever;
he gave a decree, and it shall not pass away.

7 Praise the Lord from the earth,
you great sea creatures and all deeps,
8 fire and hail, snow and mist,
stormy wind fulfilling his word!

9 Mountains and all hills,
fruit trees and all cedars!
10 Beasts and all livestock,
creeping things and flying birds!

11 Kings of the earth and all peoples,
princes and all rulers of the earth!
12 Young men and maidens together,
old men and children!

13 Let them praise the name of the Lord,
for his name alone is exalted;
his majesty is above earth and heaven.
14 He has raised up a horn for his people,
praise for all his saints,
for the people of Israel who are near to him.
Praise the Lord!

Comments

WOW! What a blessing! You have all been in my thoughts and prayers. So glad to know things are going well!! What an amazing adventure.
(I was curious how Samuel and Caleb are doing with the move? Taye had expressed severe sadness when we discussed moving.)
So excited for you guys and can't wait to see the pics of your move!
~Jordan
It sounds like you have been showered with love from the Body of Christ. What a blessing for the Lord!!! And your last box unpacked, that is more than a good feeling, that's amazing!!! I'll continue to pray for all of you as everyone is adjusting to everything.
Love, Karen
Kristin, I am so happy to hear all this wonderful news! Praise God for all of His awesome goodness toward us!!!

I pray you guys have a great first Sunday at church, with your new church family!!, this weekend!!
Is said Amen in my head after that post, so I'll say it here...AMEN!
I love you sooo much and it kills me not to be able to ring you up and hear all this in person, but I am so thankful to hear all this and I CAN'T believe you already have the whole house unpacked, and knowing you, you are going to hang the pictures tomorrow if they are not already up! :) What a blessing and it is SO true what you said about the body of Christ! What a blessing. Love you dear sister!
Ruth said…
God is so good!! I'm so pleased to hear how you are all doing!!! Been thinking about and praying for you and wondered how everything has been going.

You brought a lot of memories back, as I remembered so many of our moves as a kid. And the love that was expressed through their kindness. I still remember some of those friends, even though it's been almost 50 years for some!

Can't wait to see the pictures...I have them in my mind...but would like to see the real thing :)

Love you!
Ruth
For His Glory said…
Oh boy...Prayerfully, you can really have a bit of down time to actually really "come up for air" :) So MANY detail to iron out...Just take one day at a time and try not to look at everything at once...Thanking God He brought you there safely!
Unknown said…
Glad to hear that everything went so well! Can't wait to see pics! Miss you...Jill