CWA


CWA...also known as Christian World Adoption...also known as "our" adoption agency has come under some pretty serious fire both last night on the CBS nightly news and a few months ago on a CBS affiliate in Australia.

We watched the clip from the CBS news last night and we were amazed with how "damning" it was and how true it seemed. It was a good lesson on just how "twisted" the news can be and how much is opinion, hearsay and bias....on how much they show you what they want you to see and leave out everything else. It kind of reminded me of those pictures...the ones where you see just one piece of the object that was photographed and you have to figure out what the whole picture was in it's entirety. Looks can be so deceiving in those pictures and so can new's clips!

I don't speak boldly against the news simply because CWA has been our adoption agency and we have appreciated their honesty, openness, and love for Jesus and our kids and we can't imagine that they would do what they did or that we just refuse to believe that they are corrupt in any way. I speak boldly because I sat and watched an almost 1 1/2 hour interview that CBS did with CWA's lawyer and I got to see the whole picture and I actually walked away with a deeper appreciation for what CWA does and for the procedures that they do have. It was actually very informative and, if I am going to be honest, it was a bit entertaining (I actually pulled out the sunflower seeds and soda during it! :)) as CBS was exposed in so many ways.

At the same time, I do not take this situation lightly. My heart aches at what careless words can do and how wrongful, unfounded accusations can affect others. In this case, those "others" are the 4 million orphans in Ethiopia. It has all come under scrutiny and adoptions have been delayed and who knows what else will result from these clips. My hope is in an all Sovereign God but my heart still aches for precious orphans who will be delayed in being united with families who want them and love them already...and for the dear staffers at CWA who have poured their lives and hearts into serving orphans, the people of Ethiopia and many other people and countries around the world.

The battle is raging...would you please join me in praying for God to be magnified, CWA to be vindicated and their hearts to be encouraged and for the Ethiopian government to allow CWA and other outstanding adoption agencies to continue to minister, as they have been doing, to the orphans in Ethiopia and help them find forever families!

If you did not see the CBS clip you can watch it here. But, I would encourage you to only watch it if you are planning on sitting down and watching CWA's "rebuttal" (there are 8 clips total of the "Fly Away Children Response" and all of them are very much worth watching!).
I primarily wrote this blog in case there were any of you who had watched it on the evening news last night and were questioning CWA's actions...and I wrote so that you could pray on behalf of CWA and those that are "innocent" and unable to defend themselves...children just like our dear sons, Samuel and Caleb!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I was just made aware of Unicef's dislike of international adoption and a CNN show by Anderson Cooper repeating the baseless allegations of Unicef regarding adoptions from Haiti.

Isn't it interesting that the world is so against adoption? It really seems like spiritual warfare. Am I being too dramatic? I don't know.

We really must pray for God's intervention for these children all over the world!
I just finished watching the CBS clip of last nights news and the fly away special online. I was intially shocked at what I saw and then confused. I'm gonna have to watch CWA's attorney's interview. We got the email today with the link from CWA, but I haven't had a chance... been kinda crazy around here today. But thanks for posting this in the defense of CWA. The news can sure twist things in their favor... seems to happen more often than not. I know our experience was nothing like I saw in these stories online.
WOW! I just finished watching it all, and I have to say I was praising the Lord for CWA's attorney. He responded beautifully to every question.

It is a big reminder that Satan really is at work to thwart the work of Christ! I have been praying so much today that the name of Christ and even CWA would only be greater through all this, and not defamed or discredited.

The woman interviewing was ridiculous! I don't know how anyone could watch that and not walk away with complete understanding of who is wrong (and stubborn!) and who is right.

Thanks for posting that!
Thanks for posting what you have found out. Again, the liberal news media spinning things as they want it portrayed. I will be in pray for CWA that the Lord would protect them and that they would come out stronger than ever!
Okay... I'm 1/2 way through the attorney's responses... and he is doing an amazing job! Josh and I watched a bit of it together last night and found ourselves laughing at the lady doing the interview, and very impressed with CWA's attorney. I agree completely with the comment the Johnson Family left!
For His Glory said…
WOW...I had no idea this was even going on...(Partly because I haven't watched the news) My news is World and Yahoo front page (I know sad)...Thanks for the "head's up" now I know the truth if it does come up in conversation...Seriously, sickening...
Anonymous said…
Kristin,
I am just now watching the CWA rebuttal. (I just finished part 4) That attorney is so good! He sticks to the facts and doesn't let her get him off track.

I cannot believe how much that lady misrepresents the facts. I think she has an agenda and she doesn't care how she makes her point.

Why in the world would people involved in international adoption try to drum up ADDITIONAL orphans when there are so many already?

I am going to go back and finish them!
Matt5verse6 said…
Oh yeah, I NEVER trust the media, have never, and will never speak to them on any topic because of their tricky editing! Ick, those ornery stinkers! (And dare I throw the word "wicked" in there.)

On another note :) YOU DRANK SODA?! Thanks for sharing your heart.

Much love ♥
Unknown said…
amen!
I watched the CBS clip a few days ago and was more than a bit shocked, especially having had first hand experience with both CWA and Ethiopia through our adoption.
Two blatant questions stood out for me immediately and CBS didn't even touch them:
Isn't it possible that the father "told" the girls, or even others, that he accepted money when in fact he hadn't?
We brought home 3 children. Two were very close in age to the ages we were told, the other was obviously off by 3 years. We were coached all the way through our adoption that this would be a very real possibility. It didn't surprise us at all, in fact we would've been surprised if it wasn't this way. We never once felt "lied to".
How is this family trusting the working of their Heavenly Father in their lives and the lives of their children?
Spiritual warfare - yes! No, not too dramatic. If Satan can destroy families, he will do it any way he can.
I think I would have to also agree with "wicked" in describing the media.....Is devil's playground too much?
Thanks for the inspiration to pray.