Virtual House Tour :)

Here it is...the moment you all have been waiting for (drum roll please!)...the first pictures of our new house!:) Okay, seriously...they are not the best...but the sun was shining so the lighting seemed good. The kids thought it was funny that I was taking pictures of the rooms and tried to get into as many of them as they could.So, pardon the bodies...but, hopefully, this will give you a good idea of what we live in! Especially for much of our family who live far away!

I think, if you follow the flow of the pictures you will be able to see how the "pieces" fit together and make up our house. Just a couple of notes: The first picture I took from the entry way of our house. Immediately to the left off the entry way is what will be Samuel and Micah's room (it is full of garage stuff while we wait for space to be made available in the garage). There is also a hallway to the left that wraps around like an "L" with two door. Go through the first one and you hit the garage and laundry room. The second door leads to our landlord's place, though he uses a different entrance.

Also, I didn't show pictures of the kids bedrooms...but there are two bedrooms upstairs plus ours. The boys are all in one room for now and it is a jumble of beds and dressers. The girls picture just didn't get downloaded for some reason.:)

Off the french doors in the family room is the deck and there is a pretty good size backyard!

We feel so blessed to be living where we are and my prayer is that the Lord will use this home for His glory and that in it we might joyfully minister and encourage those who come to visit...whether that visit be for 5 minutes or for days! And, although we have been busy trying to make our house look physically appealing, my greatest desire for our home and family is that of Proverbs 24:3-4:

"By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; and by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches."











Comments

Matt5verse6 said…
Canada treating you well, ay? ;) While I was checking out the pictures of your beautiful new home D. looked over my shoulder and said, "Mom when will be able to afford a house like that?" I said, "That is the house God provided for them." D. answered with, "Nifty." :D Nifty indeed! Praise God.
What a beautiful place the Lord provided. Looks so spacious, open and bright! Now when we come to visit, it will look familiar. Sharing in your joy and praising God w/you!
5 Cougs said…
Looks so inviting, Kristin! Glad you are getting settled.
It's so beautiful and spacious, Kristin! And nice job turning it into such a welcoming-looking/beautifully decorated place!!

Wow... beautiful home, beautiful location. God has really blessed you guys!! Hope you all are doing well!!

We miss you! ~ SO glad for internet!! :0)
Holly said…
it's beautiful! much bigger than i thought it was going to be!
For His Glory said…
Awe! I love it! It's totally you guys! I see you actually kept the table, but see that you needed another set for the dining room (I'm assuming)...And I have to say the pink carpet doesn't look so "Pink" with all your furniture in place:)...Oh and the huge windows in the living room is gorgeous!!
Ruth said…
Thanks for the pictures! I couldn't help think about what you moved from to what you have now...
Even though you decorated your home beautifully here...it always seemed "dark" to me. I LOVE all the light in your new place! How inviting and I LOVE the kitchen!!! :)
God is so good!!!
I KNOW you you will be using it for His glory! :)
Anonymous said…
You look so settled! The place looks great. I love all the windows.

What a blessing for your family!
Muddy said…
If that isn't nice, I don't know what is. Wow.

With a telescope, I'll bet you could almost watch the Olympics from your home.
Michelle P said…
Well, all I have to say is, you are CRAZY for already having everything in place and pictures on the wall...CRAZY!!! :) But, it looks amazing, and I am so encouraged to see how God has provided above and beyond our expectations!! I can't wait to visit!! :)
I love the new kitchen table--what a great find! And the fireplace mantel looks great!! :)
And, I'd have to agree with Wendy--the pink carpet is SO not pink. With all the pictures and furniture in place, you don't even notice it :)
love you!!
Anonymous said…
Kristin
Hooray! I am finally connected to your blog. Just a few years late, but never the less, I am here.
It took me sending your blog to Joey's basketball coach, as he and his wife are adopting a child this coming week and they have several little ones already. I was telling him about you and Brian and thought they would enjoy your blog, so I am finally on it!
Your home looks beautiful! Of course I am sure it's just the reflection of the love you guys have that I see reflecting off the walls.
We love you guys and miss you daily!!
Jim, Judy, Michael, Joey, and RJ
Thank you so much for posting the pictures! How fun to be able to see what your new home is like! :)

Looks like you have tons of space for all the kiddos!

Can't wait for more updates of your new journey!
Paul said…
I think you'll need me to come up there draw out some schematics and post them on your blog :-) Lovely pictures, but I'm not seeing the pieces to the puzzle all come together. I guess that just means I need to come up!
Unknown said…
Okay, you're just amazing! I know you say that He gives you all you need to do the things that He has called you to, but this is just one AMAZING portion!
I stopped by just after you'd posted this and was shocked how far you'd come in such a short time, I'm still like a deer in head lights.....and your kids are LITTLE.
Okay, enough of wanting to be you. I AM perfectly okay with the chaotic life that I live AND the lot I have been given.....honest....contentment.