I see Jesus in you!


"A Gospel Primer for Christians" continues to bless my heart as I read it for a second time. The two parts this week that have stood out to me are regarding how the Gospel impacts our relationships with other believers. My heart fills with joy (and so do my eyes) just being reminded of the beauty of being apart of God's family, the Body of Christ! Take a moment to read:

"The gospel is not just a message of reconciliation with God, but it also heralds the reconciliation of all believers to one another in Christ....when God saved us, He made us members of His household, and He gave us as gifts to one another. Each brother and sister is a portion of my gospel inheritance from God, and I am a portion of their inheritance as well. We are significant players in each other's gospel narrative, and it is in relationship with one another that we experience that fullness of God in Christ.

Hence, the more I comprehend the full scope of the gospel, the more I value the church for which Christ died, the more I value the role that I play in the lives of my fellow Christians, and the more I appreciate the role that they must be allowed to play in mine.

The more I experience the gospel, the more there develops within me a yearning affection for my fellow Christians who are also participating in the glories of the gospel. This affection for them comes loaded with confidence in their continued spiritual growth and ultimate glorification, and it becomes my pleasure to express to them this loving confidence regarding the ongoing work of God in their lives."


What precious words to think and meditate upon...and what a reminder it is to let those around us know what a special gift from God they are to us! Then, how about we go a step further and share with them how we see the gospel being lived out in their lives! What greater blessing could we give to another Christ-follower than to say to them, "I see Jesus in you"!!!!

Comments

Ruth said…
I have always seen Jesus in You!!! :D
The way you love your husband and children. The way you try to ALWAYS put Jesus first in your life and instill in your childrens life.

Thanks for the reminder to tell you!
Love you very much!
Ruth
For His Glory said…
I was just rejoicing today in my heart thinking how greatful to God I am for my church family! I loved the quote and i still have YET to read that book....Someday..