The Pictures Tell the Story...

...and it is a good thing they do. I cut my finger pretty good this afternoon...enough to know a few stitches were needed. But, with medical coverage still a month away (Canada requires a three month waiting period) an alternative was needed. :) Thank you Cindy for bringing over the steri-stips and everything else and for patching me up!:) My sister-in-law/nurse has suggested some glue...so I'll be looking into that too! Anyway, the cut is in the top joint of my middle finger on my right hand...so Bryan made me a "splint" out of plastic so that I can't bend my finger. It's quite the sight...and it is making typing quite the challenge. I won't begin to tell you how long it has taken me to type the above.:)

So, here is a look back of the past week with maybe just a bit of commentary sprinkled in there!:)


The boys (specifically Titus) were blessed with a couple of pilots hats and some other "accessories" by and elder in our church who is a pilot. Monday morning our living room was "transformed" into an airplane...with Grace as the flight attendant. :) They had so much fun!

Micah decided this past week that he wanted to do a Bible Study for his brothers and sisters on Psalms 23. So, he asked if I would call them all in to listen. I told him "No way! Not until he had studied the text first!" :) So, that he did and then we reviewed what he learned, worked out the "kinks" and off "preaching" he went!:)

Samuel lost TWO teeth this week! The picture only shows the one...but he lost the tooth on the other side too a few days later! We have to go outside, now, and throw them on the roof!:)

Hockey has become a very BIG deal in the Pichura home since moving to Canada...it will be interesting to see if the "tide turns" with Micah's baseball games starting this weekend.:) Anyway, the boys were given some hockey gear and...well...the smiles say it all!

My favorite part of the week was having my parents visit...they came for less than two days but our time together was so special. I can't tell you how full my heart is with thanksgiving that God saw fit to give me such wonderful, godly parents! And, as a result, my children get the privilege of calling them "Papa" and "Grandma"!

Grandma loves horses even more than Grace does and it was SO FUN to see them both so excited as they worked on making a bridle and saddle for a horse that Grace had been given. Grandma also surprised Grace and brought up her riding helmet and gloves to give to Grace. She was THRILLED!!! My dear Mom...thanks...you made memories with your granddaughters this past weekend that they will talk about for years and years...and just watching you with them made me love you more...and I didn't think that was possible!!:)




And how could we not introduce them to "Tim Hortons"?! (It's kinda like Dunkin Donuts..but way more popular!) We also had some entertainment while we were there, thanks to Caleb!:) (Although, I just noticed Micah in one of the pictures and he was clearly NOT entertained!:))



Thanks Dad and Mom for sacrificing your time, money and energy to bless us greatly!

As for letting the pictures tell the story...well, I guess not even a bum finger keeps me from "type/talking" a lot!:)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sorry about your finger! Did your sister in law tell you to use super glue? Kalindi had something removed from her scalp and that is how the surgeon closed it - instead of stitches.

I hope it heals quickly!

I loved your photos and hearing that your parents got to visit. So sweet seeing Micah preparing to share his "exposition" of Psalm 23. How did his siblings respond?


Thanks for your note! Love, Lori
Kimiko said…
No, just a blabber-mouth niece keeps you from talking. :)

I'm so glad you all had such a great time. I had no idea your mom was into horses (and neither did James, apparently). :) The kids are absolutely adorable!!
hmschlmomof4 said…
We have a book called "Throw Your Tooth on the Roof" about the different 'tooth' traditions around the world. It's very interesting to realize that not everyone uses the tooth fairy.
Matt5verse6 said…
I've heard about the glue fix too.

Grace's face is changing. I think she looks more like Micah now. :) Perhaps the "baby" face is becoming more mature? :)

Good on Micah for wanting to teach his brothers and sisters! I bet that blessed Bryan's heart HUGE! And Psalm 23 is so fabulous.

What a blessing your parents were able to come visit even for such a short time. My heart is with you.

Much love,
Brook
Ruthe said…
Oh Kristin, only you would figure a way to "talk" using a "BUM" FINGER! :)

I love looking at your pictures and seeing how the kids are growing up! It just make my heart ache a little because I miss you all soooo much!

I was also thrilled to see your mom with your girls!!!It brought back a "flood" of memories of my kids with both of their grandmothers...tea parties; making radio programs; sewing doll clothes and bedding; making & painting ceramics; puppet shows...

Thanks for the trip down memory lane--I too was blessed to have such an awesome Mom & Mom-in-love! They both were great examples of Christ's love to me and my children. And I MISS them sooooo much!!! Probably the one thing I really miss is their prayers for me and my children!!! They were such prayer warriors and great examples for me & my kids! My hope is that I can be like them for my children & grandchildren (eventually ;0).

Well I've gone on too long...just wanted you to know how much I appreciate your blog...even when I don't comment every time!
Love ya sista!
Michelle P said…
LOVE all the pictures, and can't wait to come visit!!!
I agree with Brook-- Grace's face is changing! It's the first thing I noticed in those pictures of her! She looks way more like Micah, whereas before I thought she was all Bryan! Guess there is some parker in there somewhere!;)
And I'm sure Samuel must be thrilled to be in on the action of losing mere teeth!:)
Hope you finger is going to heal fast...but in the meantime, I'm sure having Mr. Dishpan Hands is quite nice! :)
love ya!
For His Glory said…
Awe...I know it was truely precious time with your dear mom and dad...They are precious...Loved catching up with all those great pics :)
Juli said…
Oh no. I'm a few days behind, but just wanted to say I hope your finger heals up soon.