Words of Life


Have you ever read an article or thoughts by a believer and, when they share some scripture verses in what they are saying, you find yourself scanning over the verses (especially if you already know the verse by heart) so that you can quickly get "back" to what the man or woman is saying?

I have been guilty of that...of taking the most important words, God's Words, in any article, book, blog, etc...and skimming over them. How sad it is to even admit that. Those words, God's Words, are the only words that are not tainted by sin, the only words that will not return void...the only words that are living and active!!! They are the words that should be read slower than all the rest, meditated on above all other "quotes" and "sayings", and held more dear than anything else that is shared!

Having said all that...I wanted to share with you some of God's Words that have blessed my socks off this week!:) There are times in life when I just feel weary, when I feel as though I am not doing enough but I can't imagine doing even one thing more! When I don't do what I should be doing and do what I should not be doing and it leaves me discouraged...I shared some of that the beginning of the week. What I haven't had a chance to share is the "Words of life" that I have read this week in the Bible that have brought great hope and encouragement to my soul. As I keep faithfully reading God's Word I find myself falling deeper in love with Him...blown away by this amazing Letter He has written to us, blown away by His tender love and compassion though I have done nothing to deserve it and everything to deserve hell.

Wherever you are at, whatever you are going through...I pray these verses (that I have pieced together) help you to soar on the wings of our mighty Savior!!!

"Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable....a bruised reed He will not break, and a faintly burning wick He will not quench. For He knows our frame, He remembers that we are dust. He will tend His flock like a shepherd; He will gather the lambs in His arms; He will carry them in his bosom, and gently lead those that have young. He says, "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. You are precious in my eyes and honored and I love you. I will strengthen you and help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." He gives power to the faint and to him who has no might he increases strength. Our sufficiency is from God!"

(Isaiah 40-42, Psalms 103:14, 2 Cor. 3:5)

Comments

kristin cheney said…
thanks for your honesty...funny I just said close to those same words to myself this past Wednesday! To sit quietly at His feet and meditate on His Word...ahhh...
Nate Evans said…
kristin...found this link in the favorites list tonight, and clicked it to see what it was...don't think it was by chance. thank you for those verses.
For His Glory said…
WOW! Guilty...Thanks for being honest enough to confront yourself on this issue and then take it further by confronting your "bloggy friends" hee hee...I am convicted!!
Matt5verse6 said…
I have to say I just caught myself doing this exact same thing last week. When I found I was scanning over God's word I said to myself, "What are you doing?! Why are you breezing over the MOST IMPORTANT PART?!" I had to smile when you admitted to it too. ;) (hee, hee). Much love. ♥
Terri said…
Kristin, It is pretty neat to have you share part of the very passage I am memorizing..Isaiah 40:28-31. I am especially comforted by "His understanding is inscrutable", although I LOVE it all. It is interesting and uplifting to hear testimonies of God's grace. He is faithfully at work in our lives. Lately I am amazed at His patience with us,we are so weak on our own.