Snapshots from the week

It's hard to believe it's almost Friday! Tomorrow Bryan's parents fly into Vancouver for a week with us. We can't wait to spend time with them and for them to see our new "digs"!:)

Life in the Pichura Family seems to keep up a very busy, steady pace! Micah has a baseball tournament this weekend and three games next week before heading into playoffs. Gramps and Nanny are going to get to know our baseball field well this week!:) The girls finished their grade 2 curriculum this week and Micah finished the rest of his grade 3 too! So, now we move on to "summer folders" full of "review stuff" for them to do...a little each day...and Micah will continue to work on his grade 4 work, Samuel his grade 2 work and Titus is going to be working on his letters! Summer break is not here yet...but the load should lighten a bit from here on out! I did a "trial run" this week and homeschooled all six...I think I am going to need a nap everyday next year!:)

I had some pictures from the week that I thought I would post and a video clip at the end of Caleb saying his provinces and territories! It's a glimpse into life here this past week!:)

The kids took a recycling box and helped Grace turn it into a barn. It blessed my heart to see them spend a couple of hours to do something special for their sister! It was one of those "I just love being a mommy to these six kids" moments!:)





Titus and Caleb were playing with play dough after they finished their school and Titus was so excited to show me what he had made...mounties and the Canadian flag!:)



This one might seem like an odd picture to add...but I thought it was so "fun" and I thought you might too! Grace got it at her girls club at church and I couldn't help but think how fun it would be for all the kids to make one (and then eat it of course). It's just a bunch of gummy candies on a wooden skewer...but it was the "catch of the night" in our house and thought it might be in your house too!

Comments

Grace, love your barn! And Caleb, great job!! See you soon, Love, Nanny
Ruth said…
Seeing Grace's barn, brought back memories of my youth!! I made "dioramas" for school of the books I read (that will tell you how old I am :D ) I'd work for hours on them...construction paper & tape! :D

I love hearing how your children are doing...and how exciting to have Byran's parents come for a visit!!

I miss you, but sure am glad you post a blog, or I'd never hear or see how you are all growing and doing! Tell your children how Proud Mrs. Erickson is of their accomplishments!!

Love you ALL!
Ruth
Awww I loved Caleb's accent in the video. I'm impressed my kids don't even know all the states yet.
And the worms on a stick is a great idea for a party favor.
What a great feeling it is to have school wrapping up.
And what a fun moment to see all your kids working together to help another.
For His Glory said…
I am still so glad you led me on to those cd's, they are so great, even I have learned my states, oceans, etc!! Loved the pics...
Matt5verse6 said…
Looks like a lot of fun at your house. :) Good job, Caleb!!! Love you guys lots! ♥ ~ In fervent love.