It was a nail biter for sure!


THE ROYALS WON!!! THEY ARE GOING TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!! Boy, was it a nail biter! The score was 1-1 in the 6th (they only play 6 innings)and the Cardinals were the home team. We didn't make any runs in the top of the 6th...so we had to hold them! First batter up made it to first base and we thought that was it...but the boys held their ground and we got the final out leaving a guy on third base!!!!

Into an extra inning we went...and scored 3 runs that were not returned....ROYALS WON 4-1!!!!

I know it's "just" Little League but it might as well be the World Series to me. I cheered like a crazy person holding up a big "GO ROYALS" sign that I had made the night before. I used my loud "Parker" voice and was heard all across the ball fields (yep, really...ask our friends that came to the game to watch! I guess the good news is that I know they really are friends because they still sat by me!)The kids made up signs but didn't seem as enthusiastic about using them and Bryan thought that simply being willing to sit next to his crazy wife was enough support!:)

We had a great night and we are excited to head back to the ball field on Friday for the last game of the season...the championships!:)

Comments

Michelle P said…
Way to go Micah!! We're so excited for you!
Kristin-- I'm surprised you haven't pulled out the old cheers yet :)
Juli said…
Yaay!! Congratulations Royals :) Well done everyone :)
For His Glory said…
WOW I feel like I was actually listening to a radio program reading that...Such a great translation of how things transpired!! So go Royals!!
Ruth said…
Congratulations Micah!!! Way to help your team to the championship game! You might want to ask your mom to wear her cheerleading uniform...that way no one will know she's your mom ;D

Just kidding! I understand completely! Because I'm that kind of mom too...and sometimes I DO get a "little" carried away!

Can't wait to hear the results!!
Micah

I'm so sorry I wasn't able to take your call the other night and celebrate with you! Congrats on your victory and we'll be praying for your final game of the season to be just as exciting! Love you, PAPA
Kimberly said…
Yeah! I feel like a really proud Aunt right now! Sometimes (ok, well lots of times) I wish we lived in the same town so we could go and cheer our nephew on at his baseball games. Well, and there are MANY more reasons why it would be wonderful to live even semi-close to you, but there wouldn't be enough room to write all those down :) Miss you! Love you!
Kimberly said…
Yeah! I feel like a really proud Aunt right now! Sometimes (ok, well lots of times) I wish we lived in the same town so we could go and cheer our nephew on at his baseball games. Well, and there are MANY more reasons why it would be wonderful to live even semi-close to you, but there wouldn't be enough room to write all those down :) Miss you! Love you!