A Resource Worth Getting!


Okay...so my most exciting new purchase is a book called, "The Prayers of an Excellent Wife" by Andrew Case. It was recommended by women that I trust and I am so thrilled to have it. Basically, it's a book full of prayers (taken from verses in the Bible) to pray for your husband. What greater gift can we give our husbands than to pray for them?!!!

Not only that, Andrew Case has written a book of prayers for husbands to pray for their wives and he just released a book of prayers for parents to pray for their kids!!!!

And it that were not enough just knowing that there are good books like that out there waiting to be purchased by us...you can purchase them for 1/2 price....they are on sale for $5!!!! Head over there and picks some up...and, while you are at it, pick up some for those around you, too!

I read a verse a couple of weeks ago that really made an imprint on my heart and brought much conviction. Samuel was talking to the nation of Israel and he said:

"Moreover, far be it from me that I should sin against the Lord by ceasing to pray for you..."


That should be the conviction of my heart in regards to those the Lord has placed in my life...especially my husband and children! And Andrew has given us some precious tools and aids as we seek to follow God's command in praying without ceasing! What a privilege and responsibility we have in bringing our husbands and kids before the Throne of Grace each and every day! I don't know about you, but I need all the reminders and encouragement I can get so I am very thankful that God laid it on Andrew Case's heart to help us all as we seek to not sin against those we love in not doing the only thing that matters the most...praying for them!

Comments

I actually was on this website (for the prayer books) a few months back, and was looking at these books myself! I don't remember how I got there, but in the end, I never ended up buying any of them.

But now that you've recommended the Prayers of an Excellent Wife, I might just have to pick up a copy!

thanks!!

(and interesting quote from Samuel... That was convicting... 'Not praying' as a sin of "omission"---I had never thought of it that way. Again, thanks for sharing!)
Matt5verse6 said…
Just what I need! Thank you for sharing. I'll run out and buy it a.s.a.p.
This book and the one about praying for our children have been such a blessing to me. When I pray I get so scattered brained and these have helped enrich that time. I have told several other friends about it. Thank you for sharing this.