Still Alive!

I know it is not like me to go over a week without a post...but life has picked up speed in such a way that has not given me much time for the computer (unless I am doing placement tests with the kids, trying to figure out how to make a monkey cake, looking up what a composite number is, trying to find a recipe in my "allrecipes account"...okay...you are getting the idea!:)). Needless to say, my email has been neglected to...so please forgive me if you have sent me an email that has still not been responded to!

It's been a great week of family, birthday parties and baseball...but it is also full of school wrap up, review (which is taking a LOT more time than I thought due to things FORGOTTEN!), ongoing lesson work for Samuel and Micah as well as trying to figure out what I am going to do in September (I think it's "Switched on Schoolhouse...Here We Come!). It's been full of refocusing in my own life as I battle my flesh and the sin of impatience in my schooling, as I continue to seek God's role for me in this precious church that He has so graciously placed us in and as I continue to seek to love (and also like) my kids and see them as precious gifts! So often, the lens that I look through gets out of focus as I take my eyes of Christ and put them on situations, people and circumstances and it all becomes fuzzy and unclear. The more I look to the cross and see my sin for what it is and my Savior for Who He is...the focus becomes clearer and there is much to repent of and much to rejoice in!

Prayerfully, in the next couple of weeks I will be able to share some more of what God has been teaching me and some pictures of the blessings He has given and the precious time we had with my family...but, right now, "berbere spaghetti" (spaghetti with the Ethiopian spice berbere sprinkled in it!) is next on my agenda. It's what our birthday boy, Caleb, requested for his birthday dinner (I can't believe he is 5!). That and a monkey cake (which looks more like a bear...I am almost embarrassed to post it!:)). So, time to get ready to celebrate! Just wanted you all to know that we really are still alive!:)

Comments

Hey Kristen,
I used Switched on School House with my son when he was in grade 6 .. have you used it before? It's not bad - although the math he found fustrating simply with how you had to enter the answers .. but that was many yrs ago and they may have upgraded it by now!
Miss seeing ya Tuesday mornings!
Blessings,
Tracey G.
Michelle P said…
Tell Caleb happy "late" birthday for us!! Can't wait to see pictures of the cake! :)
Matt5verse6 said…
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CALEB AND belated BIRTHDAY TITUS!!! ♥
Joyful Mommy said…
Hi Kristin!
It's good to hear from you! We miss you guys! Melanie used SOS this year for third grade and will again next year for fourth. For the most part we're really happy with it. The only frustration we found with it was filling in the little boxes in math. It took a while to get used to, but we were happy with the program. Leilani will be using it for third next year, too. We like that we can reuse it for each child that comes through! :)
Love you! Have fun with your beautiful kids!