Computers needed!


I am not sure exactly how many people read my little ol' blog...but, I figure I'd send out a little "help" and see if I get any suggestions or thoughts on the subject. The subject at hand is computers...laptops to be exact. I am doing a new curriculum this year with the older 4 kids called "Switched on Schoolhouse" and it's pretty much school on CD-Rom. They really can't share computers and we don't have unlimited space to set up more desktops (we have one)...the kids can use my computer and the one desktop but that still leaves us short 2 computers. We have tried to search for the best bargain that we can...but it still is not cheap! I am someone who likes to make sure every stone has turned before making a decision and, while we have done our best to "do our homework"...I also know that there might be something we missed or some idea we have not thought of...and YOU just might be that person to pass that information along to us!:) So...if you have any ideas or thoughts or have seen some great deal on laptops, we'd LOVE your input!!!!

Comments

Ruth said…
Kristin, I don't know how computer savvy you are, but my suggestion would be that you make your computer a server (install the cds and programs on your computer)and purchase "mini laptops" for your kids. I know you can get them for extremely low prices...under $200 ea. I'm posting a location that I found...but you could also google for more :)
Good luck! I know how difficult this is!
http://www.indydollar.com/hp-mini-laptop-deals-under-200
aaron's got an old one that is just sitting around...we'll make sure it works and mail it up to you if it does!