When death comes....

I added a new link under "Favorite Blogs" called Joshua Harris. It's his blog and the most recent posts deal with the impending death of his mom and her death yesterday. As I read, I couldn't help but cry...tears of heartache for them and the loss of their precious mom...but I also was so encouraged in the hope that there is in the death of a believer. I am so thankful for their God-glorifying examples in the midst of such pain and I pray that, when it is my turn to walk that road, I will be a testimony to those around that God truly is enough and that He gives a living hope that cannot be shaken.

Wander over there for a few minutes and take a couple extra minutes to listen to one of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard on death...."The Long Night" by Matthew Smith.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Kelsey takes piano from Sono Harris' second oldest son. They are an amazing family. In my head I know that she is in a much better place today and yet I can't help but grieve for her loss for the family.

I agree with you about the hope that I would leave a legacy of God's truth and love behind as she has.
For His Glory said…
Ohhh I just got goose bumps reading this and tears in my eyes already...I knew she had recently found out that she had cancer, but didn't realize God took her already! Oh, to lose a mom, my heart aches at just the mere thought of losing my own dear precious mom!

I'm gonna go read now what they wrote :(