A Day at the Beach

I have no pictures to show for our wonderful days (yep, we were blessed to sneak away the last two afternoons!) at the beach...but I have many new memories! The last two days have been pretty warm here in British Columbia...and living on the second floor with no air intensifies that a bit...so, we heard the beach calling our name! We are so very thankful to have a beach less than a half an hour away! It reminds us just a little bit of our year in Florida!

The boys (Samuel and Titus) spent their birthday money on skim boards and Bryan pulled out his decade old skim board and the last two days have been spent learning and trying to perfect the art of skim boarding. Faith and I have failed the class both days...but I am not giving up hope!:)There are many bodies with various cuts on them from crashing into shells in the inch deep water...but they never gave up!

We also did something for the very first time...we "went" clamming! We actually didn't have to look much further than the spot we were set up on...just a foot or so under was a world of clams...and the kids had so much fun collecting them and we had so much fun steaming and eating them tonight! How could I forget to take more pictures????!!!!

I was able to finish another book ( I just finished "The Faithful Parent: A Biblical Guide to Raising a Family" by Martha Peace and Stuart Scott...it was good...covered issues from infancy all the way through the teen years, children who "walk away", single parenting, etc...) at the beach. "Hello, I Love You: Adventures in Adoptive Fatherhood" by Ted Kluck. It was basically a memoir on his and his wife's two adoptions and years of infertility in between. He talks about the heart aches of infertility and the joys and heart aches of adoption. His book is as real as they come. He shares emotions and situations they were in, both good and bad, and yet he writes with such wit that you often find yourself laughing through both! It's a look at a man in the process of sanctification (as we all are) and he is transparent about his sin but also the truth of God's Word that leads to repentance. There are times I believe he says more than he needs to and will offend some of his readers...but, in the end, if you have adopted, are thinking about adopting, are in the process of adoption, have struggled with infertility or you just want to learn more about the joys and struggles of adopting children...I'd definitely add this one to your reading list. And, it's actually a book your husbands will enjoy reading...I can almost guarantee it! I know my husband will!:)

Comments

For His Glory said…
I'll have to for sure add that one to my list!