How to love sad people


Okay, I'll be honest, I am itching to write...I have decided that it really is something I truly enjoy doing because when I go many days without getting my thoughts down on paper, I actually start to miss my fingers on the keys...thinking, typing, backspacing, rewording, finding the reference for that verse that is swirling around in my head, praying, smiling, tearing up, editing...there is so much that goes into putting my thoughts on paper (er...computer screen) and it's actually a real relaxing, fun time for me!
So, all that to say, I hope to actually put some of my own words down on this blog tomorrow...but for today, I hope you'll read the words of Nancy Guthrie. A friend sent me the following link and I thought it was just too good not to pass on. We all know people who are sad...lets face it, that is often us over one thing or another, right?! God does allow pain into the life of believers....and it comes in the form of various trials from death to a baby that will not sleep through the night...He uses it to grow us and keep us dependent upon Him. But sometimes it's not easy to minister to someone who is "sad". We don't know what to say exactly or what to do. Nancy gives some great wisdom on the subject that I think we can all learn from. Check it out HERE!!!

Comments

Thanks for sharing that article, Kristin. And even better---thanks for sharing the blog (Gospel Coalition) that it was posted on as well! I was unfamiliar with it, and it looks great!--so I've got it on my favorites now, for further reading (when I get some more time!!) :0)

thanks!
For His Glory said…
that was great...I think I will print this off for keeps!