A Horse Tale...


If Grace isn't playing with her baby dolls, then she is almost always doing something that involves horses. In fact, lately...it's been all about horses!:) She has tried to convince Bryan and I that we should buy her a horse for her birthday and we have tried to explain to her the expenses of having a horse and the fact that our budget could not handle that type of "ongoing gift". She was not to be deterred...her next idea was that we could buy her a pony (since it is so much smaller) and it could just live in our backyard and eat our grass!:) Our answer was still firm...but we couldn't help but smile over her thought process.

She seems to understand that buying a horse or a pony is out of the question and yet, she has stilled been just as determined to "ride a horse". She has clearly decided that if she can't have real horses to ride...she is okay with substitutes...her sister and brothers!:) It is really quite comical to see my kids with pillows on their back cinched tight with belts (saddles) and a string around their face for the bridle.
Titus got tired of being the horse...so he bacame the sheriff/farmer and that carrying case you see in the picture is his plow!:) I know that the days of this type of creativity will come to an end way sooner than I can imagine...so, for now...I'm taking it all in, laughing at their antics, thanking God for my dear children and writing it down so I won't forget!

Comments

For His Glory said…
Boy are they growing...So sweet! You might check out what your charter school allows, our Charter is paying for my neice to take lessons :) Just a thought...
Michelle P said…
I love it!! Wish I could afford a horse for her. :)
And way to go Titus--yet another use for that "piece of garbage" of a suitcase!! haha!!
I was just thinking of Grace this a.m. while lying in bed ... remembering the special Bible she wants. I have to get it ordered from CBD. their antics so remind me of their daddy. He had quite the imagination, as well.