Not Endorsing...Just Proverbs 31ing...

Thought I had better make a disclaimer!:) I found out that if I put "Google Adsense" on my blog I might be able to make some money. It's more of an experiment at this point...but I figured that if my writing could help bring some income to our family, it was worth giving it a try.

Having said that...I am going to seek to keep an eye on what type of ads are placed in that little box on the right and at the bottom of my new posts. No amount of money is worth having something on my blog that I would stand completely against and that someone might actually click on and be lead astray. From what I understand, it can take a few days for "Adsense" to get a "feel" for my blog and put appropriate ads in the box so that is a part of the experiment, too! Please feel free to give me feedback. If you see something you know is not good...let me know! I want to honor the Lord with this blog and, yes, even with the ads!:)

Comments

Michelle P said…
Glad you mentioned this, because yesterday I immediately noticed that some of the ads were for things you wouldn't endorse...I'll keep an eye out as Google figures out your blog "style". We will see how much Biblical discernment a search engine can have! :) It would be great if you could make some extra money off it!
For His Glory said…
Sooo cool! I would think (and HOPE)most people know you enough to think the best if there was indeed an inappropriate ad that did appear for a moment...

Hey how much are you making off this anyways?? :)
Well, today's ad was for Omron pedometers (good product), and since I own one of those little gadgets (which has been most helpful to me in my recovery process), I would give this experiment a thumbs up! I will keep watch for you to see what follows. I hope it works out!

Dad
David said…
FYI - A lot of times ad content is displayed based on what the user has been searching for lately. You would be surprised by how much information "cookies" store that is used for this purpose (to serve ads to people that are as targeted as can be).

So for instance, if i'm searching for and have been looking to buy a new autographed baseball, chances are i will be served ads that relate to the things i have been searching for, and not necessarily just the content on your blog.