The Call of Motherhood

It's 7:30 pm and I am exhausted!! This is the first time I have "sat down" since 6 am this morning. It's times like this where quotes like the following encourage my heart and remind me of the high calling God has given me in motherhood!

Webster’s defines call as a "a divine vocation or strong inner prompting to a particular course of action." In every generation mothers must answer the call to be what no one else can be and to do what no one else can do for their children. It isn’t that mothers can’t do and be many other things, but if they refuse to accept their calling as mothers, some child ends up short-changed. The empty space that mother leaves echoes for generations. -Jean Fleming "A Mother's Heart"

Comments

This is good and has caused me to think deep about the purposes God has for me as a mother. :)