I Can See Clearly Now....


At Faith's eye appointment last winter, the doctor noted that she was slightly nearsighted...but not enough to do anything about. In the last month or so, it has become apparent that we needed to take Faith back in. She was having a hard time reading the words on the screen at the front of the church during music worship time and was complaining quite a bit that her eyes were getting blurry a lot!

She was right!:) In fact, the Dr. said that if she was 16, she wouldn't be able to pass her driver's test without first getting glasses! Though she probably could just wear the glasses for seeing things further away, one eye is double the nearsightedness of the other eye and can make focusing on things "up close" a little harder. That seems to be the case with Faith and she seems very content to keep her glasses perched upon her nose all day.

She was so cute as we left the eye glass place and did a bit more shopping as she kept saying, "Mom, look at those words. They are blurry with my glasses off, but I can read them with my glasses on!"

So, as a dear friend of ours told her today, Faith now has some special "jewelery" for her face...and we all think she looks just adorable!:)

Comments

Michelle P said…
She sure does!!! Tell Faithy that we Aunt Michelle LOVES them on her!!! Can't wait to see them in person...we need to make a trip up soon...I miss you guys!
Going to b-ham anytime soon? maybe we could meet up.
I had to chuckle at Grace's comments as you did a little shopping after she got her VERY cute glasses. My sister-in-law took our nephew (well all of her children) in for glasses as one of my nieces piano teacher noticed her struggling to read the notes. ANYWAY, in the end 3 of her 4 precious children needed glasses and when my nephew (her youngest) got them pretty nearly the first thing he said was, "Wow Mom is the world ever dirty!!" ha ha I guess there is some blessing to not seeing clearly **winks**
Ruth said…
I remember my first pair of glasses...Faith looks 100 times better in hers! :D I do remember being able to see the board at school and realized that the rabbits I kept seeing were actually bricks!

Faith, you are going to see a "whole new world!" enjoy them!
Clark Family said…
Faith looks so cute in her glasses it makes me want to get some!
Love the glasses Faith! They look so cute on you. And now you can see ... clearly!