It's been 9 years....

...since Grace was born! Happy Birthday sweet girl!!!!
We truly had a delightful day! Way too much "junk food"...but that made it all the more fun!:) We started out the morning with donuts and Grace opened a couple of her presents. She LOVES horses and was just "tickled pink" with all the "horse stuff" she got from her grandparents and family....a horse Bible, a horse shirt, a horse puzzle...and, we ended the night with an absolutely precious horse movie, "Moondance Alexander".

She had a little birthday dessert time with friends this afternoon...surprise cupcakes (a favorite of mine growing up) and pudding in tea cups. She wanted Mexican Corn Chowder and Cornbread for dinner and we finished up the dinner with her opening the rest of her gifts and blowing out her candles...though everyone was too stuffed for cake!:)


As she was going to bed, Grace told me that it had been a great day, full of special surprises and the best gifts! She was so appreciative and so blessed...which blessed my heart, of course!

Grace,

I still remember how small you were when you were born. Only 6 lbs. 3 oz. and you dropped below 6 pounds within those first few days! Feeding you was not the easiest but, slowly but surely, you gained weight! I still can picture you in those adorable Christmas clothes your Nanny got for you!

You were loved by your brother from the moment you came home...he even "lent" you his blankie and teddy bear...he had put them right next to you while you slept. You got thrush when you were a couple weeks old, so purple was the color you wore on your face for a week or so! At about 3 weeks you made your first plane trip to go to NY and it was that very week that your colic kicked in and lasted till you were about 4 months old! We were so thankful when you decided to stop crying all the time!:)

My dear girl...still so petite and still so adorable in whatever outfit you choose to put on for the day...you are loved so much by all of us! Your relationship with Faith puts a smile on my face (and sometimes makes me want to pull my hair out!) and your creativity has created hours of "play" for your younger siblings! Your creative mind comes from Daddy...but, ultimately, from the Lord...and I pray that you continue to use the gifts He has given you to display the glory of God, as God's creation daily does to a watching world!

You have a heart for babies...and I can't wait to see how the Lord uses you to minister to little ones (and their moms)! And, Lord willing, I look forward to the day that God gives you your own little ones to raise for His glory. Right now, though, my prayer, Gracie-girl, is that you would fall so deeply in love with Jesus that no other love would compare, that no other desire would rule your heart! As I pray for you, I pray for wisdom for your dad and I. That we would gently lead you with chords of love (as the Lord does with us), that we handle His Word before you as the precious jewel that it is, that we would be wise in the "hedges of protection" that we set up around your heart and life, and that we would, above all, model before you lives that are passionate and zealous for the Lord!

You are a gift from God, Grace, and I am so thankful that the Lord saw fit to grow you in my womb and to continue to grow you in our family! Happy Birthday!

love,
Mom

Grace's full name is Grace Abigail Pichura...so that makes her initials GAP!:) We are trying to make a tradition of getting her one thing from "The Gap Store" each year in honor of just that!:)

Comments

Ruth said…
Please send Grace my love and wish her a Happy Birthday from her Yakima Aunt!! :D (It should probably be "grandma" ...but I don't like to think I'm that old! haha)

I love her smile...it warms my heart!
Miss you Miss GAP!
Mrs. Erickson
Ok... you have me salivating! You must share the recipes for the "surprise cupcakes" and "Mexican corn chowder"!

Happy birthday to Grace! :)
Gracie Girl ... you are a precious gift to our family. I vividly remember your trip to NY after you were born. Your purple mouth, your aching tummy ... but also the blessing of being able to hold and love on our precious new granddaughter.