Recipes


I got a request for the recipes I mentioned yesterday and I thought I would pass them on! I am so thankful for the internet and all the recipes already posted!:) I found both of them online so I'll just give you the link and add my "tweaks".:)

Surprise Cupcakes My recipe calls for half of the chocolate cake ingredients. You end up only filling the cupcake tins up about 1/3 of the way and it only makes about 18...but you get lots more of the "filling" which is the most yummy part! I guess you could make the recipe accordingly and just double the filling! Have fun experimenting...you'll want to make them again!

Mexican Chicken Chowder This is one of my favorite "quick soups"! I double everything and this recipe is no exception. I will often used canned chicken (from Costco) in a pinch to save time and instead of the cheese whiz...go with cream cheese...much better! Throw in a couple of cups of hashbrowns during the last hour or so and it gives it a bit more substance. Oh, and don't forget broken-up tortilla chips for the top!:)

And I just have to mention the corn bread while I am at it...I buy the "Marie Callender Corn Bread" mix at Costco (in the states)...all you have to do is add water and it is SO GOOD...especially with honey butter!:)

****I just was on my sister-in-law's (and her sister's) cooking blog and she had posted a recipe for corn bread today! She is an amazing cook...so, if you have extra time or can't get to Costco...check out this cornbread recipe!:)

Comments