Happy Birthday Faith!



Friday we celebrated Faith's 8th birthday! In some ways it's hard to believe she is already 8 and, in other ways, she is already so "grown up"!:) I think it's all the big words she uses from all the reading she does!:)

I don't think I am alone in saying that when I think of Faith I can't help but smile! She makes us laugh...not so much because she's super "funny" but because she is just plain fun! She's passionate about certain things and everything else...well...she is pretty easy going about!:)

She loves to try new foods and has very particular tastes when it comes to the foods she does like. Don't try feeding her a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. She would rather go hungry!:) And she will eat salad till she turns into a rabbit but only if you have the kind of dressing she likes. She is more than likely to pick the cheese off of just about anything she eats (including pizza) but send an avocado and salt her way and she is as happy as a clam!

She LOVES to read and loves to do arts and crafts. She enjoys playing the piano and loves to "play act". She loves keeping her room messy...only problem is, it's not just "her" room...and her sister isn't too fond of her taste!:) She loves doing her schoolwork much to the chagrin of the rest of her siblings and the delight of mom! She is sensitive to the needs of others...especially orphans...and has blessed my heart so many times with her broken heart over the lost and needy!

Faith loves much and she is loved so very much!!! Happy Birthday Love Bug!!!



My dear Faith,

You bring so much laughter and giggles to our family! And those giggles started from just about the moment you were born! I couldn't believe all the rolls you had on your short, little legs! I have picture after picture of you as a baby and toddler doing funny things, making funny faces, or wearing something that just made us all laugh! You light up the rooms of our house, sweet girl!

You love life and it is so clear in the way you see things, in the words you say, and in the way that you live! And you love those around you so much....often finding ways to let them know just that! My prayer for you, Love Bug, is that you would love the Giver of life, Jesus, with every part of your heart! That you would be able to continue to love others in beautiful and sacrificial ways because you are loving them with God's love and in the strength He provides. And that, of all the books you read, you would love God's Word most of all and spend time in it each and every day!

My eyes fill with tears of thanksgiving for the gift that you are to your dad and I and your brothers and sister! What a joy it has been to celebrate your life this weekend!

Love you!!!

Mom

Comments

Ruth Erickson said…
Happy happy Birthday Miss Faith!!! I will NEVER forget the time you made me laugh hard! We were in Children's Church and I was talking about people who were faithless to God. You raised your hand and told everyone that "my family will never be Faith-less!" :D
How I miss your smile and stories! I hope you continue to read and as your mother stated make the Bible your number one book!
Love you!
Mrs. Erickson
Faith

I'm drooling over your Boston Cream Pie! You and Papa have so many similar food likes and dislikes that it's clear you have my genes. One problem, keep the burgers and fries and BCP's to a minimum or you may find your arteries clogged at age 55 :( I'm so thrilled you had a happy day!

Love Papa!
Michelle P said…
Happy Birthday Faithie!! :) Sorry we didn't get a chance to call on Friday, but we hope you had a wonderful day celebrating your birthday! We love you and are so thankful you!!
-Uncle David & Aunt Michelle