Happy Birthday Beloved!


Yesterday my hubby turned 35 and boy does this family celebrate his life!:) Truly, my heart is so filled with thanksgiving for the man that God had planned before the foundation of the world to be my husband and my kid's daddy! Our wedding invitations had Song of Solomon 3:4 on them: "I have found the one whom my soul loves" and I can honestly say that I keep falling in love with him more and more as the years go by! It's amazing how well I thought I knew Bryan...enough to marry him!...and how much I keep finding out that I still have so much to learn about him!

I had no idea when I married him that he had an "artistic flare"...but I have learned over the years as I have been blessed by poems and the kids have been blessed with a dad who likes to sit down and draw with them!:) I had no idea just how much time he spends THINKING...and the things he says are often truly quotable!:) His wisdom and discernment when it comes to "life and godliness" have, over and over again, made it a joy to submit to his leadership and filled me with a heart of gratitude! I am amazed at how many times he picks up on "issues" with the kids that, although I am with them all day, I failed to recognize. His perception is amazing both in ministry and in our home.

He loves to "play" and, as a result, he holds all of our kid's hearts! Whether it's mini hockey tournaments, painting or drawing with the girls, a game of baseball, or a new "addition" to one of Titus' costumes...he knows how to make our kids feel special and important. And they are not the only ones who feel special!:) If you know Bryan well, you know that his favorite time of day is NOT the early morning hours! But, for over a half a year he has gotten up before the kids get up to spend time we me (and a cup of coffee)...talking, reading, and praying. Time with God and then time with my hubby...it doesn't get much better than that each morning!

Happy Birthday, Bryan! Thanks for loving Jesus most of all...the overflow of your relationship with Him makes you one incredibly wonderful husband and dad!!!

(Bryan, I know when you read this you'll get a bit irritated with me for putting all this on a blog for "the world" to read...you are not one to parade yourself. But, I couldn't pass on an opportunity to share a glimpse of who you are and why we love celebrating your life!)

Comments

sendspaAnd son, you mom & dad love you, are so proud of you, and so thankful for the precious gift He gave us 35 years ago. Your life is an encouragement to me and I am so thankful to God, despite my human frailties, He answered my prayers and turned your heart to Himself. Love you son!
Anonymous said…
What a beautiful testimony of your love for each other... and the Lord!

Happy belated birthday!

~ Suzanne