What am I living by?


Two Sunday mornings ago during prayer, Bryan prayed that we would be a people that "lived by the compass and not the clock"...and boy did that resonate with me! I can often be so driven by what needs to be done, the time it takes to get it done, and the multitude of things that still need to be done once that "thing" is done...that I can easily forget that the "goal" in all that I do is not ultimately to "get it done"...the goal is to glorify the Lord.

The compass of my heart must always point to Jesus' face and all that I do should be done "in a manner worthy of the calling with which I have been called"(Eph. 4:1). In the end, it's all about the compass and...the clock...well, it was never my time anyway!

Comments

Lorraine Moen said…
Thank you Kristin, you are so right... the goal is to glorify the Lord...
I love your posts, they are so encouraging to me in my daily walk. Be blessed!