The calm (break) before the storm (moving) :)


I'll be honest, I have packing on the brain more than blogging!:) But I didn't want to miss a chance to put up some pictures of a fun trip we took when we were at my parents house last week. As always, we had a wonderful time with my folks and made sure to leave behind reminders that we came...a couple of dents on their wood floor (Caleb dropped a 10 pound weight), a tear in their guest comforter (Faith got her foot stuck and ripped a hole and I "joined in" on the other side and added my own tear), and I am sure plenty of little other little marks and nicks...thanks mom and dad for allowing the "Pichura Hurricane" to come through and hunker down and lovingly forgiving the aftermath! We all missed Bryan, though, and he was our favorite part of coming back home!

Our fun trip was to the OMSI Science Museum in Portland. We tagged along with the "Upward Bound" (senior saints) ministry at my parent's church and had the fun of joining them for dinner at a German restaurant where we were serenaded by a dear older gentleman and his accordian!:)

The museum was pretty amazing and it was extra special taking in a show about Alaska in the IMAX Theater...a first for all of us! We all had our favorite spots...I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story!
Micah learned a bit more about ears...and just why the hole in his right eardrum can cause such a big problem if it's not repaired!Grace's favorite spot was what we called the "baby room". I have to admit, it was my favorite, too! We saw just about every stage of the life of a baby in the womb and my mind was full of Psalm 139..."I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made!"Samuel had fun playing "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Stars" using an organ-like contraption.

Faith learned a little bit more about static electricity!
Titus loved the submarine that was outside...next time, we'll have to get him a ticket to go inside!
We made a "pit stop" on our way home to see Uncle Andrew and "swarm" him!:) Caleb found a hat of his and I thought he made one cute Ethiopian Indiana Jones!:)

Comments

Loved seeing the pics ... and the science museum looked really great and enjoyable for the kiddos. Your mom and dad (and Andrew) look wonderful ... miss them! Miss you ALL ! ! !