Going "Dark"


The move is officially upon us and, Lord willing, by this time tomorrow we will officially be residing in our new home!

I think moving is a bit like having a baby...labor can leave you feeling like you can't finish and you most certainly don't want to ever do it again :) but, once you have that little guy or gal in your arms...you start to forget just how hard the labor was and before you know it, you are having another baby!:)

Let's just say that I forgot how hard the "moving labor" was and I find myself in a tug of war with my own thoughts..."I NEVER want to move again", "Kristin, just do the next thing"(wise words from Elizabeth Elliot), and "for this I toil struggling with all HIS energy that He powerfully works in me" (Col. 1:29), "Is our stuff growing...I thought I couldn't possibly pack any more boxes!"...and on it goes!

And, in the midst of it all, we have been so blessed with church friends who have amazing servant's hearts and have helped from meals, to babysitting, to loading and unloading the truck, to a meal for the guys helping...and I could go on. It's actually very humbling. I don't like to be a "burden" to others...and yet, no one has made us feel like a burden...they have truly shown a Christ-like attitude of serving (not being served) and it's been a precious testimony to us!

"Duty makes us do things well, but love makes us do things beautifully."

Phillip Brookes

With all that said, as of tomorrow at noon we will be without phone or internet till next Wednesday. I have often thought about going on an "electronic fast"...guess this is a good time!:) I'll let you know when we are back up and running and, until then, we'd love your prayers! I tend to be very "goal-oriented" and it is going to be easy to fix my eyes on the "goal" (getting the new house in order) instead of the prize (Christ)...and I know from personal experience that my sin will come flying out all over the place if my heart and eyes are not in the right place!:) Praise the Lord, I have a wonderful, godly husband who is very much the opposite of me and is not afraid to "tell me how it is"!:)

"Apart from Me, you can do nothing!" John 15:5

Comments

aunt Sharon said…
Right after we moved into this house, Steven started talking about what he will do differently the NEXT time we moved. I informed him that I am DYING in this house!!:::)
Aunt Sharon summarized my feelings, as well. After every move I want to buy a cemetery plot to assure myself that I won't move again! But just when I start thinking too seriously about that idea, I am reminded that we are "aliens" and "strangers" in this world, sojourners who are just passing through (1 Pet. 2:11). We will be praying that you DO take it one moment at at time.

Love Dad
Ooh!--Kristin, I really like what your dad wrote in his comment, about us being "sojourners just passing through (1 Peter 2:11)." Way to bring us back to the truth, Dad!

I'm feeling for ya', Kristin---moving again!! Yikes!! But at the same time, I am very excited for your new "chapter" for you and your family! I am praying for you, during this week of unpacking and settling in!

Miss you guys!