My tooth :)


I had a bunch of old filling taken out and new ones put in last week. The old ones, from my Jr. High years, were cracked, falling apart, and needed to be replaced. I thought I would have a day or two of discomfort and pain...but it has been 8 days and the pain continues in one tooth (and into my ear and head!). Extra Strength Tylenol has become a very good friend of mine, and I feel a bit like I am nursing a baby again as I am woken up by the pain each night and have to "refuel" so I can fall asleep again. I had an "x-ray" taken of my tooth yesterday and, while all looks well, the dentist thinks I may have permanent nerve damage in the one tooth that can only be remedied with a root canal (and then a crown). I didn't know whether to cry or laugh when they handed me an estimate of a couple thousand dollars!!!

What I did do was start praying that God would heal the nerve (if that is the case) and take away the pain! And, to keep the tears at bay, I started preaching to myself about the fact that all money is God's money and that He is in control of every detail, down to the hairs on my head and the teeth in my mouth. All things are his servants (Psalm 119), including pain. And that pain and possible root canal are a part of His plan for my life. He doesn't just want me to trust Him in the big things...but all the little things, too. Preaching to myself what I know to be true about God and His promises truly made the fear and worry disappear...now, if only the pain would, too!:)

Comments

Jen L said…
I will pray that God heals the nerves!!!! I have nerve damage too that can only be fixed by root canal. However, I haven't had such extreme pain. My pain comes and goes. It has really bothered me the last week and we are leaving for Florida to visit Don's parents for Easter. So I have been praying that the pain goes away at least till we get back. And my prayers have been answered. So I will pray for your pain too!!!!!
I, too, will pray that the Lord would graciously heal the nerve, and that the pain would subside!